。116 。

-"Listen to your mother

-
"Listen to your mother."
-

"Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0." Steve ordered Sam, leaning against the overhead wall as he looked out across the trees.

"I hope you're right about this." Sam responded. "Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to."

Sam listened to what Steve said and the jet passed through a barrier and they arrived in Wakanda. Nova walked towards the back of Natasha's chair, Wade still on her back, and looked across the country with a half grin on her face, amazed at the place.

Sam landed the jet in front of the palace and opened the door. Steve and Natasha got out first followed by Nova and Wade then Sam, Rhodey and Bruce.

"Should be bow?" Bruce asked Rhodey, pulling on his jacket.

"Yeah, he's a king." Rhodey responded.

"Seems like I'm always thank you for something." Steve smiled at T'Challa, shaking the kings hand. Bruce then cleared his throat and bowed getting a confused look from Nova and many others.

"What are you doing?" Rhodey questioned.

"Uh, we don't do that here." T'Challa waved him off as Bruce stood back up completely.

Rhodey gave the doctor a smirk and a chuckle as Bruce sighed at him.

"So how big of an assault should we expect?" T'Challa quizzed.

"Uh, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault." Bruce answered.

"How we looking?" Natasha asked as they walked away from the jet.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and.."

"A semi-stable 100-year-old man." Bucky said, approaching the group with a smile.

Steve smiled at him, the two pulling in for a hug as Wade gasped excitedly at the sight of his arm.

"How you been, Buck?" Steve questioned, slapping his shoulder lightly.

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world." Bucky joked, looking over the group with a smile.

"Good to see you, Bucky." Nova greeted, reaching out to shake his hand as she let go of one of Wade's thighs.

"You too, Nova." Bucky grinned.

"I'd hug you but I've got a sack of shit on my back." Nova smirked as Wade reached out to touch Bucky's arm.

"I have a question." Wade started and Bucky nodded for him to go on. "Does it have a vibrator setting-"

"And we're done here." Natasha mumbled, leading the two away as they sniggered.

Natasha, Steve, Nova, Wade, Bruce, Vision and Wanda all made their way into the palace up into the lab where they met Shuri, T'Challa's sister. Vision lay down on the lab table and the young woman started to scan his body with her bracelet made out of Kimoyo beads. A small hologram of the kind stone appears in her hand as she opened her fist.

"Whoa." Bruce muttered in amazement.

"The structure is polymorphic." Shuri stated.

"Right, we had to attach each neurone non-sequentially." Bruce spoke up.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri questioned as Vision looked between Bruce and Nova.

"Because we didn't think of it." Bruce answered.

"Just blame it all on Tony." Nova mumbled to Bruce.

"I'm sure you did your best." Shuri mused with a smile.

"Can you do it?" Wanda questioned.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurones here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It will take time, brother." Shuri explained.

"How long?" Steve asked sternly.

"As long as you can give me." Shuri replied.

Okoye's Kimoyo beads beeped and an alarm went off making everyone look up and around. A hologram appeared in Okoye's hand of the globe and a circle pulsed around Wakanda.

"Somethings entered the atmosphere." Okoye stated.

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here." Sam spoke into the coms.

A capsule hit the force field around Wakanda, exploding on top of it but not penetrating the barrier.

"God, I love this place." Bucky mumbled, looking up at the explosion.

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome." Rhodey chimed in as more capsules shot out of the sky, landing around the force field.

Everyone in the lab had moved to the Windows and were now looking out at the scene as the floor thundered with the impact of these capsules, dust rolling towards the edge of the force field.

"It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now." Vision spoke up.

"Vision, get your ass back on that table." Natasha ordered.

"Don't go anywhere. Listen to your mother." Nova chimed in.

"We will hold them off." T'Challa said definitively.

"Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head, you blow it to hell." Steve ordered.

"I will." Wanda agreed.

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defences. And get this man a shield." T'Challa pointed at Steve.

"Wade, go and get your weapons." Nova ordered.

"Which one?" Wade wiggled his eyebrows behind his mask but got a deadpan look from Steve. "I joking. Humour's a coping mechanism, Stevie!"

{830}