。128 。

-"Thanks, Wade

-
"Thanks, Wade."
-

Wade let out a cough, sitting down at a lunch table, Nova across from him, desperately shoving food into her mouth as she felt herself get weaker and weaker. Staring blankly at his plate, Wade handed her his bread which she reluctantly took after he nodded with a tiny smile.

"Cells seven and nine now off-limits for medical personnel. Cells seven and nine now off limits for medical personnel." The speakers sounded from the corners of the prison.

"Psst!" Russell whispered, down the table from the two. They looked up and Russell winked obviously at the two, Nova swallowing her large bite of the gross prison food.

"Don't do that." Wade mumbled and Russell winked again. "What? Why are you winking at us?" Wade coughed as Russell shuffled over, next to Nova.

"I got your backs." Russell stated.

"Oh, my God." Wade mumbled as Nova tiredly rubbed her eyes.

"You're sick, I gotta protect you both." Russell continued.

"Just leave us alone, kid." Wade muttered. A man whistled as he leisurely strolled towards their table. "Oh, great."

"Fuck me." Nova grumbled, finishing off the dry bread.

"Well, hello there, new fish. It's nice to see some fresh faces around here." He went to tap Russell's cheek but Nova moved in front of the boy. "Mhm, aren't you a pretty one." The man smirked, going to touch Nova's cheek but she weakly batted his hand away as Wade coughed.

"I've done to light catalog work, but, really, modelling is just a stepping stone to acting." Wade chimed in.

"I was talking to him until she moved in the way." The man stated.

"Oh. Have we met? I can't place your moustache." Wade continued.

"Black Tom Cassidy." Tom replied.

"White Wade Wilson." Wade responded and Nova chuckled weakly. "What's your superpower? Cultural appropriation?"

"How often d'you go to the dentist, racist Tom?" Nova asked.

"You're supposed to be the toughest cunts in here. You two don't look like much to me." Tom continued.

"First rule of the yard, fuckface," Russell started, standing up and moving around Nova, "find the biggest guy and make him your-"

Russell was cut off to a punch right in his face. The boy groaned, falling to the floor as the inmates yelled and hollered. Russell's shank flew into Wade's food.

"Second biggest guy." Wade corrected before looking down at his food in distaste. "The last thing I need is more hepatitis." He flicked the shank away.  "Oh, it's slippery, too. This table needs a wipe down! Can we get a wipe down on the table?"

Wade was then cut off by Tom slamming the shank through his hand. Groaning, Wade slammed his fist onto the table before Nova reached across, taking the shank out of his hand and stabbing Tom in the bicep, dragging the plastic down his arm, cutting along the skin.

"Nova, you idiot." Wade mumbled as someone fisted her hair backwards, slamming her face into the table, her nose cracking.

"Kid, I think you picked the wrong side." Tom laughed as Nova picked her head up, wiping the blood from under her nose carelessly.

"No, I didn't! They're my friends!" Russell argued. 

"Zip it. We're not friends." Wade glared, wincing as he watch Nova snap her nose back into place before scrunching it up to get rid o the tingling.

"You're about to get dick-slapped." Russell stated, looking up at one of the inmates before he punched him in the face and the inmates cheered while Wade coughed.

Tom grabbed Wade's dinner plate, slamming it over the mercenaries head and he rolled to the floor. Nova went to stand up and help him but Tom grabbed her hair again and she grunted as he flung her over the table next to Wade. Two people started to kick at them, the weak people having no choice but to stay there as the alarm blared.

"I had so much fun! You two were like," Russel grunted. "And I was like, 'Take a seat, shit dick.'" Russell rambled, the three of them now back in their cell.

"Just let us die in peace." Wade muttered, face and suit bloody as he lay in his side, facing Nova who had her eyes closed.

"You're not dying, Wade." Nova whispered, coughing quietly before groaning, placing a hand on her bruised abdomen.

"We make a great team!" Russell gushed.

"Oh, God!" Wade exclaimed, sitting up. "We're not a team."

"Why'd you say that back there? We're friends, a trio." Russell said.

"We're not a trio or friends. Hey, Sweet Cheeks, you alive still?" Wade asked as her chest evened out; he got a hum in reply. "This doesn't end with us riding into the sunset. It ends with me dying of cancer, Nova dying from her partner eating her, and you winning the Ice Box award for softest mouth. There's only one person in this world that I care about, and she's gone."

"Thanks, Wade." Nova mumbled sarcastically.

"And you and Nat, sorry. You wanna survive? Stop trying to shank the biggest guys in here, and make friends with them. Make friends with someone. Anyone but us. Maybe even Black Tim. Black Evan, I don't know. All I remember is he was African-American." Wade lay back down, spinning the ski-ball token in his fingers as Nova traced the spider on her neck.

{896}