。147 。

-"Oh, I feel betrayed

-
"Oh, I feel betrayed."
-

"Time travel suit, not bad." Rhodey approved, seeming Nebula fixing up Scott's suit.

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy! Easy!" Scott yelled as Bruce tried to put the particles in the suit.

"I'm being very careful." Bruce objected.

"No, you're being very Hulky." Scott shot back.

"I'm being careful." Bruce argued.

"These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more." Scott rambled.

"Scott, calm down." Rhodey spoke up.

"Sorry." Scott apologised. "We've got enough for one round-trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs." He fastened to suit up but yelled when he was suddenly shrunk before he returned to his normal size. "One test run."

"Bloody hell." Nova muttered as Rhodey sighed, shaking his head.

"Alright. I'm not ready for this." Scott panicked slightly.

"I'm game." Clint spoke up, leaning against the doorway. "I'll do it."

"He's in his rebel phase." Nova joked. "I can already hear the emo music in the background. I'm sorry. Emotions." Nova waved her hand around her head as Clint gave her a deadpan look.

"Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about that." Bruce began.

"Wait a second. Let me ask you something." Rhodey interrupted. "If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos? You know, and..." Rhodey made a motion as if to say choke Thanos with a rope.

"First of all, that's horrible." Bruce started.

"It's Thanos." Rhodey stated.

"And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future." Bruce explained.

"Why could Cable do it?" Nova asked Wade.

"He's from the future. I'm also not supposed to be in this film but y'know, things work out hopefully." Wade shrugged.

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them, Thanos doesn't have the tones. Problem solved." Scott chimed in.

"Bingo." Clint mumbled.

"That's not how it works." Nebula breathed.

"Well, that's what I heard." Clint responded.

"Wait, but who? Who told you that?" Bruce questioned.

"Star Trek, Terminator, Timecop, Time After Time." Rhodey listed.

"Quantum Leap." Scott added.

"Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time." Rhodey continued.

"Hot Tub Time Machine." Scott muttered.

"Hot Tub Time Machine." Rhodey repeated. "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel."

"Die Hard. No, that's not one." Scott mumbled.

"This is known." Rhodey stated.

"I don't know why everyone believes that, but that ain't true." Bruce denied.

"Then why did Wade die once and then come back to life because of changing past events?" Nova chimed in.

"Because I'm from a different part of this entire franchise. Also, we have no more fuel so Cable's way won't work. I miss him and his racism." Wade sighed dreamily.

"For clarification, we're not actually friends with a racist." Nova told the rest of them with a smile when they looked at them strangely.

"I want him to stab me in the dick again. Just so I know he's there." Wade continued.

"Okay, Sugar Tits, go and find Ivy or Natasha. Or someone that can give your supervision." Nova patted his chest.

"Okay. Oh, Stevie! Where are you, my blonde sex machine!?" Wade sang, leaving the room.

"Moving on. Think about it. If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future and your former present becomes the past which can't now be changed by your new future." Bruce explained.

"Exactly." Nebula agreed.

"W-what?" Nova stuttered in confusion.

"So Back to the Future is a bunch of bullshit?" Scott asked.

"Oh, I feel betrayed." Nova muttered.

"I'm sad now. I'm gonna re-think everything I know. Or everything I thought I knew." Scott said, leaving.

"Me too. Oh, God! Am I even real?"

Clint was now stood on the time travel pad, everyone watching to see if it would work.

"Alright, Clint. We're going on three, two, one." Bruce counted down and Clint was sucked into the pad.

Clint was suddenly forced back as he shouted his daughters name, crouched down over the pad and breathing heavily. Everyone ran over to him, Natasha placing a hand on his shoulder and crouching in front of him.

"Hey. Hey, look at me." She coaxed. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah." Clint panted as he stood up, Natasha parting his cheek and chest. "It worked. It worked." He threw something at Tony which the billionaire caught.

"Woo!" Wade cheered. "We should celebrate. Who's got weed?" No one said anything and Natasha held down Nova's hand. "Coke? No? Okay."

"Pussies." Venom smirked and Nova shushed him. 

"That was our secret." She hissed at the alien.

"What was?" Natasha raised an eyebrow.

"You're really pretty."

{799}