。148 。

-"Brilliant, ain't it?"-

-
"Brilliant, ain't it?"
-

"Okay, so the how works. Now, we gotta figure out the when and the where." Steve began, all of the stones appearing on holograms in the room. "Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

"Or substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn near been killed' by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony added.

"Well, I haven't, but I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott spoke up.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of differ t places throughout history." Bruce informed them.

"Our history." Tony chimed in. "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint stated.

"Correct." Tony approved.

"Forget Cable, maybe he's from the DC universe." Wade whispered to Nova who snorted in amusement.

"So, let's start with the Aether." Steve interrupted the two. "Thor, what do you know?"

Everyone looked to Thor who was sat slumped in his chair, one hand on his stomach and sunglasses on. He was seemingly asleep.

"Is he asleep?" Natasha questioned.

"No, no. I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodey stated.

"Shut up, areshole." Nova mumbled, moving towards the God and shaking his shoulder gently making him wake up with a grunt. "Hey, blondie. You gotta explain the Aether for us." Thor nodded, standing up as a hologram of the Aether, or the Reality Stone, appeared.

"Uh, where to start? Um... The Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Somebody called it a stone before. Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of a thing, so someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that. Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether. My grandfather, many years ago had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Ooh." Thor rambled, wiggling his fingers with a chuckle. "Scary beings. So, Jane, actually. Oh, there she is. Yeah, so Jane was an old flame of mine. You know, she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time and then the Aether stuck itself inside her-"

"That's what she said." Nova muttered to Wade who gave her a crisp high-five.

"-and she became very, very sick. And do I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from, and we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see and I got to introduce her to my mother who's dead and, um... Oh, you know, Jane and I aren't even together anymore, so... Yes, these things happen, though. You know? Nothing lasts forever. The only thing that-"

"Why don't you come and sit down?" Tony questioned, gently grabbing Thor's arm to stop him.

"I'm not done yet." Thor stated. "The only thing that is permanent in life is impermanence."