。131 。

-"How long as this been going on?"-

-
"How long as this been going on?"
-

While Nova was munching away at her second sandwich, her, Wade, Natasha and Weasel moved back over to the bar where the mercenary tarted to tell them about what Vanessa had told him. Behind the bar, Dopinder was cleaning glasses.

"That's exactly what she meant. Your heart needs to be in the right place. I'm not gonna abandon this kid. He's never had anyone, ever. I need to be selfless." Wade explained.

"Yeah, but what does that mean?" Weasel questioned.

"It means I'm gonna save Russell." Wade replied. "Maybe I couldn't save Vanessa, but maybe I can save a robust teenager from New Zealand."

"Yeah, but what I mean is, like, the word 'selfless'. I literally don't know what that means." Weasel continued.

"Jesus Christ." Wade sighed.

"Buy a dictionary. Or better, get a lobotomy." Nova spoke up.

"Okay, look. According to my guy, okay, those muties are being transferred to a supermax, 80 miles away." Weasel informed them.

"Great, I'll pick 'em off along the way." Wade said definitively.

"Hold your testicles there, buddy, okay? We're talking about an armoured convoy, and a vicious super soldier from the future that is looking to turn your skull into a fuckable ashtray." Weasel rambled.

"You know what we need to do?" Wade asked. "We need to build a fucking team. We need them tough, morally flexible and young enough so they can carry this franchise 10 to 12 years."

"My body is an instrument of death." Dopinder spoke up, Nova and Natasha looking at the small man with wide eyes.

"Not now, Dopinder." Wade nodded.

"How long as this been going on?" Nova asked Wade.

"I could be of great use." Dopinder continued, interrupting what Wade was going to say.

"What's your superpower?" Wade quizzed.

"Courage." Dopinder breathed.

"That's adorable." Wade mumbled.

"He's like a little Care Bear." Nova mused.

"Be nice." Natasha muttered to her.

"Since when was being called a Care Bear offensive?" Nova questioned.

"Sh, eat your chocolate."

"Do you have the courage to check and see if there are enough sanitary napkins in the dispenser?" Weasel asked, his voice raising at the end.

"Yes, sir." Dopinder muttered, walking away.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, although I'm glad you heard it. Alright, I'll put out a call for resumes. But we're not paying medical or dental. It's time to get back on LinkedIn." Weasel explained.

"Lucky for you, I remembered a few other things." Natasha smirked, slamming a duffel bag on the bar.

"You're a genius. Here's your body condom." Nova handed Wade his suit, grabbing her own.

"Thanks, Sweet Cheeks." Wade smiled.

"I brought them here." Natasha scoffed.

"And thank you Nat." Wade grinned.

{449}