。153 。

-"No!"-

-
"No!"
-

Ivy screamed, grabbing onto some rubble to keep her up before vines were spreading around her out of her body, holding her up. Wade fell down the steep slide of rubble, catching onto a piece of concrete as he looked down at Ivy, the small girl having a gash across her forehead.

"Ivy, hey!" Wade yelled.

"Uncle Pool?" Ivy questioned, petrified as more rubble fell around them.

"Yeah, it's me. Gonna need to you use your powers for me and your Mama." Wade grunted, holding himself up.

"What do I do?" She quizzed, clutching onto the vines.

"You need to make a really big plant. Like in Jack and the Beanstalk, okay?" Wade ordered.

"Okay." Ivy whimpered and she closed her eyes, forming a large vine that kept getting thicker and thicker and longer and longer until it was taller than the both of them combined. "What now?" She asked tiredly.

"Fold it around yourself like a little ball, okay. You'll be protected in it." Wade panted.

"I'm scared." Ivy whispered.

"I know, I know. Me too but you've gotta do this for me." Wade breathed. "I promise we'll get loads of ice cream and chocolate after, yeah? Me, your Mama and Uncle Stevie will all go."

"Promise?" Ivy mumbled.

"Yeah. Pinky promise. But metaphorically." Wade joked weakly.

Ivy nodded at him before the large plant curled around her body, keeping her in the ball. Wade could vaguely see her eyes drooping from the exhaustion of using her powers so much. The plant rolled down the rubble and Wade let go of his piece of concrete, catching it on a small protruding vine.

Groaning loudly, he tugged it upwards and eyed a piece of flat concrete. Grunting, he was able to roll it onto the flat surface and shoved it into the corner, away from any more damage, knowing Ivy would now be safe.

On the outside, Natasha grunted, pushing herself up with her hands and Tony grabbed her arm, tugging her up as well. The two looked over to see Steve passed out on the floor and walked towards him.

"Ivy's safe." Wade told them through the coms and Natasha breathed out in relief.

"Come on, buddy, wake up!" Tony coaxed and Steve gasped as he woke up. "That's my man."

"Wade's man." Natasha coughed. "Sorry. Tickle in the back of my throat there."

"You aren't wrong. You lose this again, I'm keeping it." Tony held out Steve's shield to the man.

"What happened?" Steve asked, looking around the rubble.

"You mess with time, it tends to mess back." Tony answered.