。105 。

-"You seem desperate to impress me

-
"You seem desperate to impress me."
-

Ashley walked down the corridors, making her way to Dreykov's office, having been alerted by him. As she made it to the door, she came to stand next to Melina who nodded in greeting at her. Ashley didn't return the gesture and the door buzzed open and she went in, Melina following.

"My God. Look at you." Dreykov smiled, sitting down on his push leather sofa as he caught sight of Melina as Ashley moved to stand by his desk. Dreykov stood up and walked over to Melina. "So, uh, how was the family reunion?"

"Oh, it was awful. They were clingy, and too emotional, and needy." Melina replied and Dreykov chuckled.

"Just like old time, huh?" Dreykov asked.

"Hmm." Melina hummed in agreement.

"Yelena Belova. What's the deal with her?" Dreykov questioned. "She was the only one affected, right?"

"As far as I know, yes." Melina nodded.

"These gasses and antidotes, it's a pain in my ass. It's a problem you need to sort it." Dreykov stated.

"Hmm. I have nine pigs that will require attending to in my absence." Melina said.

"Don't give a shit about your pigs." Dreykov interrupted, shoving her into a seat opposite his by the desk. Dreykov grabbed the top of Melina's head and the woman looked nervous. "Cut her brain out... Hmm? Identify the weakness. We have already gotten one under Ashley's control. The antidote will not save her."

"What about Romanoff." Melina asked, ignoring his last comment.

"She's a traitor. She turned her back on people. On her blood. She had nothing. I gave her home. I gave her love. Put that thing in her you do. You know, uh, chemicals. Turn her into one of your pigs. Can you imitating what I could do with not one but two Avengers under my control?"

"Wouldn't you like to speak to them first?" Melina asked.

"When you look into the eyes of a child you have raised, no mask in the world can hide that." Dreykov stated.

He leant back, reaching up to Melina's forehead but Melina caught his hand, stopping him. She let go and Dreykov pressed her temple, a whirring sound occurred. He pulled off the mask and wig to reveal Natasha.

"Welcome home." Dreykov said smugly and Natasha stood up but the Taskmaster and Ashley pointed their guns at Natasha. "Now, now. Don't go breaking my new toy. Is this your plan?"

"My plan is to kill you." Natasha responded dryly.

"I'm alive." Dreykov pointed out, sitting on his desk. "So, what do we do now?"

"What was my mothers name?" Natasha asked after a moment.

"Ah.." Dreykov's mumbled. "Where we buried her, there was a tree...Um...A pink blossom. Beautiful. And there was a tombstone with her name engraved on it. What was her name? Ah." Dreykov chucked. "'Unknown'."