。123 。

-"Hey, Sugar Tits

-
"Hey, Sugar Tits."
-
(This chapter has mention of suicide)

TWO YEARS AFTER THE SNAP

A cool breeze swept past the curtains, coming through the open door of the balcony. The moonlight was shining through across the floor and bed, creating a narrow strip of light. The night sky was perfect, stars coating it like they were sewn on individually to create the masterpiece it was.

A groan sounded from the the bed, Natasha rolling over in the cool sheets as she shivered, the warmth that was usually on her back because of Nova, no longer there. The blonde, quickly turning back into a red head, grumbled slightly as she rolled off the bed, standing sleepily.

Natasha made her way out onto the balcony and sighed softly, seeing Nova just sat on the chairs, looking over the flowers that had grown fully over the years. Each time they'd die, Nova would re-plant them all, wanting to keep something from the tragic past events happy, almost hopeful as if instead of flowers, she was trying to grow them back. Nova's eyes turned back up to the sky.

The red head made her way over to Nova and sat down on the tall woman's lap, snuggling into her neck as Nova's hands came to curl around her waist and under Natasha's t-shirt, that was, again, Nova's, and rubbing soothing patterns over the smooth skin.

"Come back to sleep, Squish." Natasha mumbled into her neck, bringing a hand up to stroke the back of Nova's freshly cut hair.

"Just looking at the stars, Cherry." Nova muttered.

"They're pretty." Natasha nodded slightly.

"Like you." Nova flirted, kissing the woman's temple as she chuckled, hiding the slight blush on her usually pale cheeks.

"Ever the charmer." Natasha mused quietly, moving her head to look up at the stars as well.

The couple continued to look up at the stars for a while, just content there as two tendrils circled their waists, keeping them in the same place. Nova smiled at the sight of the moon, remembering how she used to fuss over planets as a child.

"What's got you smiling?" Natasha questioned, a small grin of her own on her lips.

"Space. It just amazes me the more I find out about it. I mean, who would've thought I'd have an alien in me and then actually go to space." Nova chuckled lightly, squeezing Natasha's hips gently. "You know how I said a while ago I'd been having dreams, like old memories?" Natasha nodded in response. "I got another one tonight. A happy one. Really happy one. I was watching a programme about space, obviously, who wouldn't at three? My dad came into the living room and sat down next to me. I said to him, "I'm gonna be the first person on the moon!" I was adamant it would be me. He then said, "Someone's already landed on the moon." He got a slap off my mum for that one."

"Wade was right. You are a geek." Natasha sniggered. "My geek, though, so it's okay."

"Hm, I don't know if I'm gonna let you off with that one." Nova gasped.

"Oh, no. How can I get you to forgive me?" Natasha questioned dramatically as she leant up to kiss Nova's jawline.

"Keep that up and I think I'll let you off." Nova hummed as Natasha continued to kiss her jaw.

The two were suddenly interrupted by Nova's phone ringing loudly. The couple groaned in annoyance but Venom stretched a tendril to get the phone and hand it to Nova. She looked down at the contact and saw it was Wade. The mercenary had moved back to Vanessa around a month or two after the snap had happened. Nova answered the call.

"Hey, Sugar Tits." She greeted as Natasha was beginning to doze off on her shoulder.

"Hey, Sweet Cheeks." Wade replied but his voice sounded off.

"Wade, what's wrong?" Nova questioned with furrowed brows.

"I, uh, I'm not doing so good at the minute." Wade responded. "Woo! Who woulda thought, Freddie Krueger himself the death of the party."

"What happened?" Nova asked sternly, worried.

"Ness is dead. She... She got shot and it was my fault, Nova." Wade mumbled, voice cracking. "I got her killed. So, um, I hope your porn business goes well and, wet dreams, Sweet Cheeks."

The phone line went dead and Nova's eyes were blown wide with panic. The tall woman shook Natasha awake, the red head groaning in annoyance at her before she saw the look on Nova's face.

"Wade's gonna kill himself." Nova stated as the two shot up, getting ready to leave immediately. "V, how fast can you get us there?"

"As quick as I can." Venom growled in her mind. "So like 15-20 minutes."

{791}