。166 。

-"Pain's not a bad thing, Wanda

-
"Pain's not a bad thing, Wanda."
-
(This chapter has a very brief mention of attempted suicide)

Wanda had been shown her past by Agatha, forced to watch her parent die all over again, forced to see that bomb exploding, re-watching herself and Pietro watching the sitcoms and then her and Vision watch the sitcoms.

"Oh, whats through this door?" Agatha gasped mockingly, pushing open the door to reveal the kitchen of the old compound. They stepped through it.

Wanda's head snapped towards the other end of the room when a yawn was heard. Nova from the past walked through, wiping the sleep from her eyes as she went to grab a hot chocolate, hoping to go back to sleep.

"Well, where are we?" Agatha quizzed.

"The compound again." Wanda answered, watching Nova mouth some song words to herself. "They didn't like me. Nova or Venom, they both didn't. I get why they didn't but Nova did accept me after a while."

Wanda then saw herself come into the kitchen, eyes stained with tears after a nightmare. Glancing up, Nova saw her but Wanda only smiled sheepishly, moving to grab some milk from the fridge.

"Hey, what's up?" Nova asked.

"Nothing, I'm okay." Wanda replied, shocked to even be acknowledged by Nova anywhere other than training.

"Bullshit." Nova hummed and Wanda smiled slightly. "Nightmare?"

"Yeah." Wanda nodded after a second as Nova grabbed the boiled kettle, pouring hot water in her mug. "It... It was stupid."

"Nightmares aren't stupid." Nova shook her head, taking the milk from Wanda before she could put it in the fridge. "There's like really fucked up dreams or sometimes memories. Which one?"

"Memories." Wanda answered, sipping her glass of milk.

"I know it's hard, believe me but it will eventually get better. Slowly. Sometimes excruciatingly slow but none the less, it does." Nova smiled warmly. "If it helps, you're not alone. I just woke up from one, too. Memory as well."

"I don't see you crying over it." Wanda scoffed, wiping the water tracks from her cheeks and Nova chuckled softly.

"You won't see me cry for most things." Nova sighed. "The last time I had a proper cry was when I was 18 I think."

"I don't want to overstep, but what was it about?" Wanda asked.

"Would you believe me if I said the film UP?" Nova questioned with a small smirk and Wanda chuckled, shaking her head. "Good, because that's not true. But I did cry a mixture of relief and sadness because I was free from two things; the Red Room and my ex. God, she was a bitch. But I also cried sadly because I didn't think I had anything left to live for."