。162 。

-"Home

-
"Home."
-

"I'm gonna find you." A teasing voice sang and a giggle sounded, footsteps stomping lightly on the floor after.

"No, you won't!" A small voice shouted from the distance.

"Oh, yes I will!" The teasing voice said, coming up behind them and grabbing them.

Ivy shrieked in surprise as Wade picked her up, spinning her around. The child continued to giggle and Wade placed her on his back, moving to the living room and grabbing her bag that was packed for her to go home.

"I'm not going yet, am I?" Ivy pouted as Wade put it down on the kitchen island.

"No, not yet, my rotting pear." Wade smiled and she cheered out happily. "What d'you wanna do now?"

"Help make dinner." Ivy answered, placing her head on top of Wade's.

"Yes, your majesty." Wade said, walking around to the stove.

"What are you two doing?" Steve asked wearily, walking over to the pair.

"Cooking." The two answered gleefully.

"Not without my supervision, you're not." Steve smiled.

"But, Stevie!" Wade whined which earned him a raised brow making him sigh.

"Old man." Ivy mumbled, sticking her tongue out at Steve who did the same to her, opening the newspaper.

"She has a point. No one reads the newspaper except old people." Wade smirked.

"He- Rude!" Steve scoffed, setting down the paper and moving over to the pair to help them cook so the house didn't burn down, mostly because of Wade. "I'm taking the kids."

"You mean the goldfish?" Ivy asked with raised eyebrows.

"Yes. But no, Tina and Turner will not be going with you." Wade replied as he got out a pan. "My fishies."

"I clean the tank." Steve joked.

"And I..." Wade trailed off. "Yes. See, I win."

"That's not-"

"Quiet, lover boy. Get the pasta." Wade ordered as Ivy sniggered, Steve rolling his eyes with a smile as he grabbed the pasta from the cupboard. "Then fill up a pot and we'll watch films! Bye!"

"Hey! No, you need to know how to cook." Steve pointed at him.

"You can't even season a chicken apparently. We haven't had chicken yet." Wade stated.