。179 。

-"I miss it too

-
"I miss it too."
-
(Warnings: bitchy mums and Laura is an icon)

"Should we really go to this thing? I mean, the bitch hates us?" Nova asked, turning a corner as she drove to Gemma's house, Natasha in the passenger seat. Ivy was already there, Laura having brought her to the party from Becky's party as well as some of the other kids that went.

"Yes. Ivy has been at this school for a year now and we need them to actually like us." Natasha responded.

"Some do. Laura and Tom do. So does Beth and Mary." Nova listed. "And Jean and L-"

"Okay! I get it!" Natasha exclaimed and Nova smirked. "I meant the more important parents. Gemma works at the school, she's Ivy's teacher. Art teacher which is Ivy's favourite lesson. She's acting like Professor Snape, taking away points 'cause she doesn't like us. So, behave."

"Fine. I'll be on my best behaviour." Nova groaned dramatically. "Do the school add on the rest of her points?"

"Yeah. You know Amber, Jake's mum, she works on reception and she changed the pints for her because Ivy shows her her art when she's done with it." Natasha explained.

"Oh, at least that happens." Nova hummed, pulling up at the curb of Gemma's house. "Ready for this, my darling?"

"I am. You're not."

"I am practically itching to get inside... of a crack den so I don't have to live through this shit."

Chuckling, Natasha got out of the car and grabbed the cookies from the backseat as Nova got out, locking the car once all of the door were closed. Slipping an arm around Natasha's waist, they walked to the front door and rang the bell. Inside, they could hear Children's happy giggled and knew all the kids from Becky's had arrived.

"Oh, hello." Gemma's husband, Mark, answered the door. "We haven't met properly yet. I'm Mark."

"Nova." The tall woman greeted, shaking his outstretched hand.

"Natasha." The red head smiled, doing the same and he returned, already seeming nicer than his wife.

"Come in." Mark moved so they would walk inside, holding the door open. "Everyone's in the garden."

"Nice day for it." Natasha nodded and Nova could've laughed.

"Yes, it is." Mark agreed, leading them through to the garden. "Well, I'll leave you to it. The food table is over there. I've got burgers to cook. Maybe we can talk later?"

"Yeah, love to." Natasha smiled and he nodded, walking away to the grill and Nova chuckled, the short woman putting the cookies on the food table. "What?"

"'Nice day for it'." Nova imitated. "You alright, Queen Liz?"

"Shut up." Natasha grumbled, lips twitching upwards when Nova kissed her temple.