。127 。

-"God, I want a fag

-
"God, I want a fag."
-

Prisoners shouted and whistled as Wade, Nova and Russell walked into the prison dressed in yellow prison uniforms with sleeping bags under their arms. Russell's was like a onesie while Nova and Wade's were trousers and a long sleeved t-shirt.

"Hey, baby!" A woman called.

"I wonder what gang I'll be in." Wade said to the guard.

"Have you got anything in black? Yellow is really not my colour." Nova told one of them, pulling at the raincoat-like material of her shirt.

"Is there like a sorting hat?" Wade asked before mouthing 'Hi' at an inmate and waving.

"Go!" The guard stated, shoving Wade's shoulder.

The three of them were led up some stairs as they continued to their cell.

"Hard left, douchebags." The guard ordered.

"Please, after you." Wade gestured for Russell to go and Nova stepped to the side to let him go past them. "And other disgusting mutant off the streets. God bless America. Let's get a taco."

Wade tried to go but was tasered by the guard, falling over but Nova caught him and dragged him into the cell as he groaned and coughed in pain.

"Nighty-night, you annoying prick!" The guard sneered before the cell door closed.

Wade continued to groan in Nova's arms, moving a hand down to squeeze hers as Russell looked around the prison in fear. The tall woman helped Wade onto his bed and he thanked her quietly before she got into hers, laying on her side.

The lights flickered off gradually in the prison, leaving the inmates in the dark. Nova closed her eyes with a small sigh, rolling in discomfort as she felt her insides churning. She knew what was happening; because she hadn't eaten in hours now, Venom had started to unintentionally start eating her from the inside. It would take at least a week for her to die, but there was still a chance it would be that soon.

The next day, Wade was hunched over their shared toilet, throwing up loudly. Nova was grimacing from beside him, rubbing a hand on it back as he spat into the toilet before slumping down against the wall of the cell.

"You're a long way from your superpowers." Russell spoke up.

"Yeah." Wade grunted as he stood up, Nova already walking back to lie on her bed. Wade groaned in pain, holding his stomach as he sat lay down on his bed.

"I wanted to be a superhero. Always wanted a real super suit." Russell confessed.

"What happened?" Wade questioned.

"When was the last time you saw a plus-sized superhero?" Russell shot at him. "Never-"

"Hamm!" Nova suddenly exclaimed. "From Toy Story."

"I don't think that counts." Wade whispered to her and she shrugged, one hand holding her side as she winced in pain.

"The industry discriminates." Russell shook his head.

"Fuck superheroes." Wade coughed. "Except for Nova, Natasha and Sam. They're okay."

"Sam? I thought you hated him." Nova mused quietly.

"He's not so bad." Wade mumbled with a small shrug.

"Fuck everyone." Russell interrupted. "The first thing I wanna do when I get out of here, burn that headmaster alive and then take a selfie with his smouldering corpse."

"Who says prison isn't reformative?" Wade joked.

"Mhm. Nothin' that forcing people who do good into a chamber where there certainly are secrets." Nova muttered.

"Fucker hated mutants. Tomorrow, we'll find the biggest guy in here, and we'll make him our-"

Russell was cut off with a loud bang that thundered through the prison. Wade coughed, sitting up in his bed as Russell walked over the the edge of the cell, looking out over the prison.

"What was that?" Russell questioned and Wade cleared his throat.

"That is the biggest guy in here." Wade stated. "Fun fact about the Ice Box, though no one's ever seen it, they keep a monster in the basement. Right next to a huge, steaming bowl of foreshadowing." Wade turned to look in the distance, over Nova's body. "Look. We can't protect you." Wade coughed as Nova shivered, a cold sweat on her forehead. "With this collar on, our superpowers are just unbridled cancer and an alien that's eating her from the inside out. Give us a bow and arrow, we're basically Hawkeye." Wade then groaned, lying down. "Now, is you excuse me, I'm got tumours to grow. Vanessa awaits."

"God, I want a fag." Nova muttered, rolling over in bed, wiping her forehead.

"I'll start by making us a shank." Russell continued.

"Good listening." Wade mumbled sarcastically.

"You deserve a gold star." Nova mumbled sarcastically.

"I stole that guard's pen, and stashed it in the old prison wallet, if you know what I'm saying." Russell informed them.

"Prison wallet?" Wade coughed as Nova grimaced in disgust. "I really hope you don't know what you're saying."

"I do. And it is what you're thinking, Sugar Tits. Some old lady did the same with cocaine and tried to give me some when I was in prison." Nova told him. "Twas in a shitty bag. And I mean it literally."

Russell suddenly exhaled and Wade looked over at Nova, rolling his eyes as she chuckled at him.

"I can hear you rummaging around in there." Wade groaned.

"Seriously, keep your shit stick in there." Nova muttered, shivering as her eyes dropped slightly.

"Don't go dying on me, Sweet Cheeks." Wade smiled at her.

"Only if you don't, Sugar Tits." Nova whispered, falling to sleep.

{913}