Chapter 99 End of Arc 8

Thank you to El and an anonymous reader for the Ko-fis!

Editor: Sahloknir

Rong Jue could clearly feel Shizun softening as he demonstrated how he was just as righteous and pure as before.

Overjoyed, he put extra effort into showing off in front of Shizun.

After the alliance between the demon realm and the cultivation world was finalized, Rong Jue, the demon lord, made his home in Chi Yun Sect. He didn't give a damn about the rumours that were circulating outside.

Everyone fell into two groups regarding his behaviour.

The first said it was reasonable that Rong Jue felt a sense of duty towards the sect that raised him.

The second said that this lovesick demon lord was obviously gunning for his shizun, judging by the condition he added to the treaty.

Of course, it was also possible that both reasons factored into Rong Jue's decision.

Even when the outside world made a kerfuffle about it, no one told the demon lord to go back to the demon realm.

After all, the demon realm was now allied with the cultivation world. If Rong Jue wanted to stay here, the people of the cultivation world couldn't drive him away even if they wanted to.

Moreover...

No one could win against Rong Jue either.

This man just defied all logic. He was already as strong as an immortal cultivator, and he only became stronger after turning to demonic cultivation.

Why try when there was no chance of success?

Some disciples from the other sects used the excuse of visiting their friends to go to Chi Yun Sect and see the demon realm army. They were also hoping to catch a glimpse of the legendary demon lord.

After arriving, they learned that Chi Yun Sect had not even arranged a place for the demon lord to live.

Wow, no wonder they were the number one immortal sect.

They were still so regal and defiant in the face of overwhelming might.

Truly worthy of admiration.

When one particular disciple returned to his own sect, he let everyone know how much he admired Chi Yun Sect.

Chi Yun Sect, which suddenly gained a reputation for being fearless: "..."

Fearless my ass.

As soon as Rong Jue said he wanted to stay, Chi Yun Sect immediately arranged their best room for him. But then the demon lord said that was unnecessary!

Then he ran to Qing Jian Peak and camped out there on the floor.

What were they supposed to say at that point? "Oh, don't chase after Supreme Elder Shi Qing anymore and come to the room we set up for you to rest"?

With Rong Jue's power level, what were they supposed to do if he decided to beat them up?

But it would be too embarrassing to publicize the truth. What were they supposed to say at that point? "Oh, we didn't give Rong Jue a room because we were afraid of being beaten up"?

So in the face of the rumours, Chi Yun Sect closed their eyes and played dead.

It was better to say that they were fearless than to say that they were afraid of being beaten up.