Chapter 59.1

Editor: SimoB

In the hospital corridor, Shi Qing lazily leaned against Meng Qing as he played with his hands.

The look on Meng Qing's face wasn't good.

Shi Qing slowly traced along the faint lines of his palm all the way to his fingertips. While he toyed with the soft digits, the young cultivator, who was unused to being so close to others, subconsciously jerked his hand back.

"We've signed a contract. Are you trying to back out?"

The demon king's pleasant voice seemed to hide laughter within. It tainted Meng Qing's handsome features with displeasure as he looked down at Shi Qing, who was staring at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You lied to me. The contract you signed with Chen Zeyu had nothing to do with his lifespan."

Shi Qing didn't feel embarrassed at all. He shamelessly gripped the cultivator's hand even tighter. "Didn't you say that I'm a demonic fiend? Have you ever met a demon that has never told a lie or two?"

Meng Qing turned away in frustration. As the saying goes, out of sight, out of mind.

But the demon king had no intentions of letting him go so easily. "I didn't lie to you when you signed the contract. I just promised you Chen Zeyu's contract and to return what he gave me in exchange. I didn't say that that was his lifespan, ah."

Meng Qing: "You said you received a year of lifespan."

"Yep."

Shi Qing's captivating eyes narrowed as he leaned on the cultivator like he had no bones.

"I did say that, but I never said that the lifespan was from Chen Zeyu. Let's get one thing straight, little cultivator, you're the one who misunderstood."

Meng Qing was silent.

How was he supposed to refute this?

Moreover, the young cultivator still had a hint of doubt in his heart.

Shi Qing clearly stated his intentions to exchange for lifespan before, so how come he made a deal for tears in the end?

A slight suspicion flashed through his mind.

Could it be that Shi Qing also pitied those two...?

No way. Absolutely impossible.

Why would a demonic fiend bend the rules out of sympathy for someone else?

Meng Qing must've only come to such a conclusion in a moment of confusion.

...Or was he bewitched by this demon?

Startled, Meng Qing closed his eyes and recited mantras in his mind, trying to ignore Shi Qing the best he could.

Shi Qing didn't mind the silent treatment. He continued leaning on Meng Qing's shoulder and talked to himself.

"Little cultivator, I'm going to take you to see fireworks tomorrow."

"You know, little cultivator, fireworks aren't allowed within the city limits, but they're one of my favourite things. I haven't seen any since they restricted sales some time ago."

"Little cultivator, do you really plan on ignoring me forever?"

Shi Qing poked him. When he saw there was no reaction from Meng Qing, he softened his voice.

"Come on, I was just teasing you. Don't be mad."

"Little cultivator?"