Chapter 57.2

Editor: SimoB

Shi Qing however, was not afraid at all. He even laid down slowly on the bed with his right hand supporting his head. His fox-like face was full of laughter.

"Does lacking a heartbeat prove I'm a demon? Didn't your master teach you, little cultivator, that other creatures lack heartbeats as well?"

Meng Qing was not as weak and easy to bully as he was moments before, but after confirming that this big beauty here was a demon, he immediately found an explanation in his heart for his reaction just now.

Demons usually compelled people, so he must have been compelled into blushing just now!

That's right! That had to be it!

The young cultivator's jade-like face grew even more resolute, and his words grew harsher.

"This is Qingzhen Temple! It's not a place for the likes of you to run amok! If you insist on staying then I will have to take drastic measures!"

"Go right ahead~"

Shi Qing seemed like he was looking forward to it. He dragged his voice out and sprawled out on Meng Qing's bed with his head resting on the man's pillow. He acted like he was on his own territory. "Come on, show me how drastic you can get."

"You!"

It wasn't like Meng Qing hadn't followed his martial brothers down the mountain to catch troublemaking demons before. There were all kinds out there, but none of them were like Shi Qing, unafraid of their Qingzhen Temple.

He was annoyed and somehow felt like he was being underestimated, so he threw the talisman in his hand.

But Shi Qing intercepted it from midair as it flew towards him.

The talisman that should have packed quite a punch fell lightly into the demon king's palm, as obedient as a kitten.

Meng Qing: "......"

This couldn't be. That was the best talisman he had ever drawn.

"Do you have any other tricks up your sleeve, little cultivator? Otherwise I'm going to bed."

Meng Qing was further infuriated by the demon king's dismissive tone.

He gritted his teeth, "Just you wait!"

After saying that, he ran to his talisman box and rummaged through for the one given by his master. After touching it with reluctance, he also took his wooden sword off the wall. With a few strokes, he unleashed a maelstrom on the yawning demon on the bed.

The talisman failed once again. There was no effect.

"What in the world...?!"

The young cultivator, who had seen how impressive talismans could be since he was a child, couldn't believe his eyes. He stared at Shi Qing in disbelief as he played with the talisman.

"I told you already that I'm not a demon. Of course something to be used against demons wouldn't work on me."

Shi Qing turned over and leaned closer to Meng Qing. His charming eyes looked at him as his white fingertips beckoned him.

"If you're done with your little tantrum, come rest awhile with me."

How could a cultivator sleep with a demon?

The befuddled cultivator hesitantly looked at the demon king on the bed. He took a step backward before turning around and running.

&#k2014; "-"