Chapter 45.2

Editor: SimoB

When the people in the capital heard that Shi Qing had been detained in the palace, they all imagined the same thing.

No one believed that Shi Qing, who had humiliated the new emperor like that, would have a good ending.

He had been arrogant for many years. Naturally, he'd made plenty of enemies. There were many who disliked him.

Now that the little master seemed to have offended someone he shouldn't have, the leader of the anti-Shi Qing club, Fifth Young Master Zhao, was ecstatic.

He even daydreamed about Shi Qing's miserable life in the palace.

Since His Majesty hadn't just executed him, he must be planning on showing the person who had bullied him the true meaning of humiliation.

Maybe Shi Qing was crying pitifully in the palace right now.

Celebrate!

They had to celebrate!

While they were filling holes in their brains, the actual scene in the palace was the complete opposite of the rumours outside.

Recently, Shi Qing's life had been almost too relaxing.

He slept on a quilt made from the highest quality fox fur. He could also have any food he wanted delivered via horse within an hour.

In the past, although Shi Qing was favored at home, the prime minister always thought that his child shouldn't live too extravagantly. He would provide the essentials, like charcoal, but luxuries and baubles were definitely out of the question.

His aristocratic family might have it all, but Shi Qing couldn't enjoy all of it.

But Yu Chennian was different. The Imperial Palace was his, and the former emperor's private storehouse was also his. In the four years he served in the military, he took many treasures from enemy nations.

Of course, those things became his as well.

And now, he gifted those things to Shi Qing.

It's like a giant dragon who had searched for gold and silver all his life, only to give his hoard to his beloved when he found them.

Shi Qing could have anything he wanted. His days were utter bliss.

But Shi Qing himself thought it was too much of a good thing. He was in danger.

[Dear Tong, we can't go on like this.]

The System was just daydreaming. When it heard Shi Qing's words, it came out, puzzled: [What happened, Host? Isn't this good? The animosity value is in the single digits now, ah.]

[Didn't you notice that something terrible has happened to me?]

The system was immediately nervous: [What?! What happened?!!]

Shi Qing was devastated: [My charisma is gone! I've been seducing Yu Chennian this whole time, but he's resistant to my charms!]

System: [......]

Shi Qing: [How is this possible? Am I losing my touch?!]

Since he invited Shi Qing to the palace, Yu Chennian's uneasiness has finally been suppressed. His animosity value dropped several times each day.

Regretfully, the one thing he hadn't done was touch Shi Qing.

No matter how provocative Shi Qing was, or how many flirtatious actions he took.