Chapter 24.1

Jing Yuanqi wasn't able to hide for long.

After Shi Qing finished his sentence, Gao Zhi turned around and noticed him.

The assistant who just started three days ago gulped: "Jing-ge?!"

Jing Yuanqi gave him a glance, and Gao Zhi unconsciously shrank back. He stood there stiffly because he was afraid to move.

He was at a loss about the situation. Jing Yuanqi was usually open and cheerful. He seemed like someone that was to get along with, so how could his eyes be so frightening now?

Jing Yuanqi never paid attention to those that couldn't arouse his interest. He didn't care what Gao Zhi thought of him, but he was a little upset.

It was like a leopard silently leapt down from atop a tree. It crept towards its prey without making a sound while enjoying the thrill of the hunt. Suddenly, a black crow lets out a loud 'CAAAW' and ruined all its hard work.

His interest in the ambush was gone because his prey had caught sight of him.

It didn't feel exciting anymore.

When he saw Shi Qing stand and look at him with that familiar attitude of indifference, his mood soured further.

Jing Yuanqi has seen that expression too many times to count. Ever since he first met Shi Qing the man has always been like this. Would it kill him to lighten up?

Everyone knew the film emperor was a man of few words. But every time, Jing Yuanqi felt that it wasn't because he was quiet. His expression was practically screaming 'you ants aren't worthy of hearing me speak'.

Jing Yuanqi was good at seeing through others.

The Shi Qing from before was a man with no redeeming qualities.

This so-called pillar of the entertainment circle and the film emperor with countless fans were just the disguises of a broken and bitter man.

He was arrogant, gloomy, and always acting against him for no good reason.

Jing Yuanqi originally came to audition just so he could say that he tried. But when he learned that Shi Qing was planning to sabotage him, he decided that he must have this role no matter what.

If Shi Qing used his connections to bar him from the role, then he'll leverage his own connections to get it.

He was born to be a rebel after all. The more others tried to stop him, the more he wanted to do it. Not to mention that this was Shi Qing, the film emperor he could never get along with.

As Shi Qing looked at him with that familiar expression that he hated, Jing Yuanqi's rebellious streak reared its ugly head.

"Shi Qing-laoshi likes to eat devil's peppers?"

When the indifferent man in front of him heard this, his face shifted a bit. Jing Yuanqi could see that his eyebrows wrinkled and curved slightly. It was only a small fraction but he could see it through careful observation.

After observing some more, he found that Shi Qing's eyebrows were shaped like a crescent. He remembered that he had skimmed over an analysis of eyebrows once.

The article said that people with crescent eyebrows were gentle, kind and approachable.

But you could tell it was a load of bull just by looking at Shi Qing.

It would be raining blood on the day the film emperor could be described as approachable.

Shi Qing seemed to ignore his friendly question and continued to sullenly stare around him. Did his delicate lips have no intention to even say a single word in response?