Chapter 60.1

Editor: SimoB

While Zhang Haixiang was stunned, the clear and joyful shout of his five-year-old daughter came from behind him: "Daddy! Daddy!!"

He turned around to see his daughter in his wife's arms. She smiled at him with her arms wide open.

"NiuNiu..."

He whispered his daughter's name. The little girl became even happier in her mother's arms, calling out for her daddy with all her might.

His wife was in tears while holding her, choking and whispering to her daughter, "Daddy's in there, but he'll be out soon."

NiuNiu tilted her head in confusion.

But wasn't daddy's right there?

"Your daughter isn't even five years old yet, but she can still see you."

Shi Qing pulled out another egg tart and ate it happily. After a few bites, Meng Qing was already prepared with a handkerchief in hand.

Zhang Haixiang was at a loss. He looked away from his wife and daughter reluctantly and turned to Shi Qing.

"So I'm...dead?"

"Not yet, but it's just a matter of time now."

Shi Qing patted Meng Qing, "You talk to him."

Meng Qing glanced at the little girl who was looking this way and whispered to Zhang Haixiang, "Your lifespan will run out today. Before, because your body was in a coma, your still living spirit floated out and became a ghost doctor."

"A ghost doctor..."

Zhang Haixiang finally understood the strange words of the young man who kept coming and all his recent patients as well.

They turned out to all be...ghosts.

All the muddled memories of these past few days came rushing back.

Every morning, he went through the same day. Going through the same hours yawning, retracing the same routes each time, working on the same bustling lines of patients.

Turns out he was dead...

He felt like he was going to faint, so he held onto the wall and slowly sat down on the bench.

"So are you guys here to pick me up? Are you guides to the Underworld?"

"We're not guides, we're here to..." Meng Qing paused and looked at Shi Qing, "What are we doing here?"

Shi Qing raised his eyebrows, "We're here to watch a good show, of course. This is the first time I've seen someone like him, whose body is still alive while his spirit has become a ghost doctor. And he's going to the Underworld today, so we'll just catch a ride with him."

Meng Qing looked at the demon king hesitantly, deliberating over his words before carefully leaning towards Shi Qing's ear and whispering, "Can't you be more tactful? He's already going through a lot."

Shi Qing tilted his head and his lips fell beside the young cultivator's ear. He was also whispering, but the action held an indescribable charm. It was more apt to say that he was lowering his voice seductively.

"I'm the demon king, the personification of all the negative energy in the world, and you expect me to be considerate of others?"

He pulled the young cultivator to sit down without any chance for refusal and stretched his long legs comfortably over the other's lap. "Alright. Now just wait until his time is up."