Chapter 95

Anonymous reader, thank you for the Ko-fi!

Editor: Sahloknir

The person in front of Rong Jue had the same face as Shi Qing, but his aura was very different from the Shizun he knew.

Although Supreme Elder Shi Qing of Qing Jian Peak would occasionally show a gentle smile, his expression was never genuine. For Rong Jue specifically, he had nothing but scorn. It was like the corners of his lips were unable to lift even the slightest fraction.

The person in front of the demon lord now had a gentle look in his clear eyes.

He was definitely already a young man, but his body still radiated the characteristic innocence and purity of a teenager.

While shielding the unconscious little Rong Jue on the ground from the rain with his umbrella, the young man tended to the child's wounds. He didn't get up immediately after, regarding the child on the ground with pity instead.

"What a poor child. He's already gone through so much at such a young age."

Rong Jue heard him sigh softly. He watched as the young man undid his cloak with one hand and gently covered his younger self with it.

His empathetic expression made that already pretty face look more and more gentle.

His soft, beautiful eyes were dark and bright, as if they were glittering with drops of morning dew.

He was a different person from Qing Jian Peak's Supreme Elder Shi Qing.

While Rong Jue narrowed his eyes at Shi Qing with suspicion, a third person spoke.

"Qing-er, don't do anything superfluous."

The sudden appearance of this voice made the demon lord's body reflexively tense up. He turned around in a defensive stance.

Rong Jue saw a man that embodied the phrase "as cold as ice". Dressed in dark robes and wearing a jade crown, this person's features were similar to Shi Qing's, but a more mature and indifferent variant.

Only when his eyes fell on Shi Qing was some of the indifference replaced with warmth.

Although Rong Jue had never seen this person before, he could tell from his resemblance to Shi Qing, and the high-level aura he exuded that this was Shi Qing's father.

The powerful cultivator who had ascended shortly after Rong Jue's arrival at Qing Jian Peak.

No wonder this Shi Qing was very different from the one from twenty years later.

After all, twenty years ago, Shi Qing had not yet assumed the position of Supreme Elder. He was only a young master who was very well protected by his father.

As Supreme Elder Shi looked at the child on the ground, his expression cooled again. A longsword pointed directly at the unconscious little Rong Jue.

At his level of cultivation, the sword energy he wielded would require even fellow cultivators to expend their spiritual energy to resist, let alone a mortal child.

With one stroke of his sword, little Rong Jue would definitely die.

Even though he knew that this had already happened, the demon lord couldn't help stepping forward to block the sword energy after seeing 'himself' being put in mortal peril.

But there was another figure who was quicker than him, who sent his own spiritual energy to wrap protectively around little Rong Jue.

"Father!"