Chapter 63.2

Editor: SimoB

Qin Yunsheng looked at Shi Qing, who was lecturing him so self righteously without the slightest hint of inner turmoil. He almost found it funny.

What in the world gave Shi Qing such confidence?

It was clear that he had stolen someone else's research results, but he had the audacity to blame the person who exposed him for 'tarnishing his reputation'.

The young Marquis was on a roll. Not only did he target Qin Yunsheng and Shi Yiyi with his remarks, but even the newcomer Tan Mingyi was not spared.

He lifted his chin, his fair face full of sarcasm. "Tan Mingyi looks like a little fool, but he turned out to be a tiger in disguise. What, does a civilian like him think he'll get off scot free after plagiarizing and badmouthing me?"

Qin Yunsheng: "Mr. Shi, this research was indeed completed independently by Tan Mingyi."

Shi Qing turned around sharply and looked at Qin Yunsheng with disgust in his eyes.

The officer who maintained his military posture noticed that Shi Qing's hands had clenched into tight fists at his sides. "I knew it, you're just like the others! You're all Shi Yiyi's people!"

Qin Yunsheng had only known that the two cousins were not on good terms with each other, but now it sounded like there was something more going on.

But he didn't intend to get involved. To him, neither of those two were good people.

"Mr. Shi, I was just telling the truth."

Shi Qing was furious, "Fine, you're telling the truth, huh?! I'll let you tell the truth!"

He took a step forward and tried to punch Qin Yunsheng, who swiftly countered the blow.

The young Marquis fell back a few steps from the resulting force, and he covered his arm where Qin Yunsheng made contact. Anger quickly filled his eyes.

"You actually dared to hit me!"

Qin Yunsheng didn't even have time to explain that it was just him unconsciously defending himself. To be more precise, it was more like Shi Qing wanted to hit him but he raised an arm to block him. The angry Shi Qing geared up for a second blow.

Seeing that he was coming at him again, Qin Yunsheng didn't block this time. Instead, he fluidly grabbed Shi Qing's arm and twisted it behind his back.

"Ah!"

The spoiled Marquis had never suffered like this. He screamed and shouted in a wavering voice, "It hurts, get off me!"

Qin Yunsheng even seemed to hear a sob. The man froze.

He didn't use much strength, just enough to stop the other person from making unnecessary movements.

In hindsight, he realized how soft the arm he was holding onto was. He could feel the tenderness even through his clothing.

It was nothing like the feeling when he'd grabbed his comrades in training.

He had only thought about it for a few seconds, but the captive Marquis was already angry enough to try and stomp on Qin Yunsheng's shoes.

"Let go, do you hear me!"

Only then did Qin Yunsheng let go of his hand. Shi Qing covered his right arm almost immediately afterwards. Like a rabbit desperately trying to escape, he quickly backed away from him.