Arc 2: Gloomy Film Emperor - Stoic, Silent But Petty Chapter 23

Bonus ko-fi chapter brought to you by Gimmi pizza and an anonymous reader!

After Jing Yuanqi left, Shi Qing chased his assistant out as well. He was the only one left in the dressing room.

It was only then that he closed his eyes and carefully received the information about this world.

It was a novel involving the entertainment circle. The male lead Jing Yuanqi was born into a rich family, but he began to quarrel with them after graduating from university. In a fit of rage, the business genius ran away from home to become an entertainer. In less than half a year, he rose from an unknown newbie to the hottest upcoming star.

Of course, it wasn't through his efforts alone. He might've had a falling out with his family, but he still had his connections with young adults of similar family backgrounds. These young adults were all pampered at home, and had quite some clout outside as well. Their influence was especially pronounced in the entertainment circle. When Jing Yuanqi came, they took very good care of him.

However, the disadvantage of hiding his identity as a young master and having many rich supporters was that people might mistake him for someone who sold their body to get ahead.

Particularly because this young man was quite good-looking. He has a lithe body with well-defined eyebrows and peach blossom eyes. He looked like he always had a slight smile even if it wasn't true. This, in addition to his great physique, made him stand out even amongst his fellow entertainers.

As a result, some people, including the original owner, who were intolerant of people like Jing Yuanqi regarded him as just a one-hit wonder relying on his face.

Jing Yuanqi's original life should have been smooth sailing. He would reach the top of the entertainment circle and then work hard to build his own business empire.

Unfortunately, maybe due to the author fleshing out his character too much, the novel gained a life of its own.

Reality was often even more dramatic than fiction.

In the end, Jing Yuanqi died at the hands of the biggest BOSS in the book.

In the original storyline, although the biggest BOSS had a powerful family and an advantage in the entertainment circle, none of his schemes succeeded and he was killed by Jing Yuanqi in the end.

But after this world became real, the biggest BOSS didn't want to wait for Jing Yuanqi to grow up at all. He hired a mercenary to deal with him early on.

With the death of the protagonist, the world collapsed. It was game over.

The System waited patiently for Shi Qing to finish digesting the plot. It only spoke out in a lively manner when he opened his eyes: [Host, your task is very simple. It's still to guard the protagonist and reduce the animosity value to less than 50% in a month!]

After passing through the last world, it has been completely convinced of the prowess of an experienced Host like Shi Qing. It was patiently waiting to win, as if victory was a foregone conclusion.

Shi Qing leaned back in the chair. His tone was gentle: [Take a guess, Baby System. Who is the biggest BOSS in this world?]

The System suddenly had a bad premonition: [......I don't know.]

[It's me.]

System: [......]

[Surprise, surprise, surprise.]

While flipping through the memories, Shi Qing said: [The last one at least didn't have the time to do anything. It's a lot more tricky this time. Before we came here, this person's already done everything he shouldn't have.]