Chapter 18.1

The civilian attack on Yin Mingzheng passed without further commotion.

According to the rules of the base, he was taken away by the law enforcement team and sentenced after being convicted.

These days, if you commit a crime, you wouldn't be put in prison to eat and drink as you wish. Those that committed serious offences were outright executed. Others were sent to serve in the army to do the backbreaking labour that other people didn't want to do.

Yin Mingzheng didn't care anymore, but Shi Qing joined forces with Le Youyuan to fight against those who spread the rumors around the base.

Did they say Yin Mingzheng was amassing power?

He sacrificed himself for millions of people ah.

Did they say Yin Mingzheng was arrogant?

He sacrificed himself for millions of people ah.

Wasn't this excuse as useful as the Navy?

Little Shi Qing who had been 'led astray' by Le Youyuan played around happily.

Anyway, no matter what was said, the fact that Yin Mingzheng was willing to sacrifice himself to save civilians was absolutely certain. Countless people bore witness to the event.

This was the greatest shield the hero of humanity possessed.

The one who secretly plotted against him had made a giant miscalculation. Public opinion was the last thing that could be used to undermine him.

The criminal mastermind, General Zhao, felt like he was about to kneel over in anger.

He sent people to spread rumours that Yin Mingzheng allowed his little lover to steal and look down on the common people, but no one believed them.

The people who were sent were also glared at and scolded by the civilians for a long time.

It was true that young master Shi Qing doesn't give money, but he's willing to offer his rare healing abilities in return. If Shi Qing took a fancy to a trinket in someone's family, they would all be happy enough to jump high into the sky.

Only fools would let Shi Qing pay in cash.

When he sent people to spread how Yin Mingzheng was power-hungry, everyone brought up the time that Yin Mingzheng sacrificed his life for the common people.

General Zhao hated it all so much, but he couldn't think of a suitable reply.

In order to cover up the fact that they set up Yin Mingzheng, they did make him a hero.

Looking at the fierce alien warship back then, it seemed like there was a 99.99% chance Yin Mingzheng wouldn't be able to return.

They didn't care about giving honour to a dead man.

But who could've known.......

Yin Mingzheng actually came back!

He really hit the jackpot.

Now, the person they tried so hard to suppress was wreathed in the honour that they personally adorned him with.

So much regret ah!!

So much hate ah!!

General Zhao wanted to roar at the civilians who worshipped Yin Mingzheng in the base:

Do you think he really willingly sacrificed himself!!!

No!!!

Yin Mingzheng was ambushed and sent over by us!!!