Chapter 85.1

Editor: Sahloknir

The young girl kneeling on the ground looked at Shi Qing incredulously with a pale face and trembling lips. "Sh-Shizun..."

Shi Qing glanced at her, radiating the authority of one at the Amalgamation stage. Even though his cultivation was built through pills, it was still enough to intimidate his little Nascent Soul stage disciple into silence.

In a split second, the immortal in white waved his sleeve and transported her away.

Qiao Lingyu, who had been sent to the foot of the mountain, wiped her tears before walking towards a small wooden hut in the distance.

Qing Jian Peak was famous for its ideal cultivation environment. As the eldest disciple of this peak, Rong Jue should have been living with his junior martial siblings on the essence-rich Qing Jian Peak. However, he was sent by his Shizun to the foot of the mountain, where there was little essence in the air, when he was a teenager.

Living in this small wooden hut, he had a harder time cultivating than any of his junior martial siblings due to this.

Qiao Lingyu couldn't understand why Shizun was always so harsh to Da-shixiong. He had already brought much honour to Qing Jian Peak, even as a child. It was also Da-shixiong who took time out to teach the rest of them patiently while Shizun went into closed-door cultivation, as he often did.

But respecting one's teachers was an integral part of the cultivation world. No matter how many doubts were in Qiao Lingyu's heart, she would not dare to question her Shizun. She could only sob quietly on the way to Rong Jue's residence.

It was hard to believe that a disciple on the cusp of reaching the Void Refining stage was staying in such a humble wooden hut. Inside, a handsome but pale man was lying on the bed with a bloodied abdomen. At his bedside was a youth of about 17 to 18 years old, who was carefully preventing his cultivation from dissipating.

Qiao Lingyu's gaze fell on the weakened Rong Jue whose eyes were closed.

With his sword eyebrows and well-defined features, Rong Jue could be considered a rare beauty, even in the cultivation world where there was no lack of beautiful people. This, along with the faint smile that seemed to always be present on his face and his impressive cultivation for his age made Rong Jue the center of attention wherever he went.

But now, such an exceptional Da-shixiong could only lie here and wait for death.

Qiao Lingyu could no longer hold back her sorrow as she thought of this. She lowered her head and continued to sob, as if she had done something wrong.

Her second Shixiong, who was doing his best to protect Rong Jue, saw her in this state. He grit his teeth, "Is Shizun still unwilling to heal Da-shixiong?"

Qiao Lingyu shook her head and choked out, "Shizun said that Da-shixiong's loss disgraced Qing Jian Peak. He won't heal him or allow us to help him either. If we do, Shizun said that we would be expelled from the sect."

Her second Shixiong's face also paled.

Normally in the cultivation world, disciples would only be expelled from their sects if they committed a grievous error. It would become a stain on their reputation, preventing any other immortal sect from accepting them for the rest of their life.

But Da-shixiong would die if he wasn't treated soon!

He muttered, "Is Shizun...really this cruel?"

He was related to Shi Qing through his mother's family, and he had been sent to study at Qing Jian Peak as a child. He could very clearly sense that Shizun favoured him the most among his students, which he thought was because they were related.