Chapter 10

The room that Yin Mingzheng took Shi Qing to was where he used to live.

Ever since his 'sacrifice', the base had sealed this room. No one touched anything inside to give others the impression that they respected Yin Mingzheng.

The man planned on settling Shi Qing in the room before bringing back Old Huang to take a look at him.

But due to Shi Qing's insistence for Yin Mingzheng to make up for lost time, he didn't manage to see the doctor.

Shi Qing pulled his hand onto his chest to make him feel the mechanical heartbeat there. He said in a wronged tone: "I didn't even sleep while looking for you."

"My body is like that of a human right now. I feel miserable not sleeping."

When the naturally frail-looking youth softened his voice and showed such a pitiful expression, there was no way for Yin Mingzheng to refuse him.

Especially since Shi Qing brought up the mechanical heart that Yin Mingzheng deceived him into installing.

So the two curled up and slept together for the first time in a while.

-To Yin Mingzheng that is.

Shi Qing's been drugging him and snuggling into his arms every night.

Yin Mingzheng was exhausted.

On the way back, he was being eaten alive by his guilt while also worrying about being caught by Shi Qing or the Insects. He was tense almost every second that he was awake.

The only reason he could make it to the base without collapsing was his strong willpower. And also the Rosemary Powder Shi Qing gave him every night that relieved his physical fatigue.

The only person that could deal with his mental fatigue was himself.

If Shi Qing didn't appear, Yin Mingzheng would have endured by himself and pretend nothing had happened. He would've continued with his life like always, only more on guard.

But his little prince appeared.

Like a stubborn little leopard that didn't give up before reaching its goal, he came barreling into his lap roaring victoriously and bearing injuries.

Before he could react, the little leopard latched onto his clothes and began to whine. Not only did it not blame its prey for running off, it continued to rely on him like before.

While Yin Mingzheng's guilt increased because of this, he had to admit this was very gratifying as well.

That night, he was like a giant dragon curled around his treasure. He slept soundly.

Before he fell asleep, Yin Mingzheng decided on something.

Since Shi Qing abandoned the ship to come to his side, he had to protect him well.

Shi Qing gained a weak point because of him, so it was his responsibility.

He felt refreshed when he woke up. Yin Mingzheng remembered last night's promise. He closed his eyes and recalled how weak and scared Shi Qing looked yesterday. A sense of pity welled up in his heart.

Poor little guy. He must have been so frightened since it was his first time leaving the ship.

He was only a 10,000 year old baby after all.

Yin Mingzheng decided to clear some time out of his schedule today to really comfort Shi Qing and assuage his fears. With that decided, he was about to open his eyes when he felt something wasn't right with his body.