Chapter 44.1

Editor: yummers

When Shi Qing woke up, he was surrounded by a familiar scent. It was a light fragrance that wasn't too rich and was pleasing to the nose.

He closed his eyes and touched the soft blanket underneath his body.

When he opened his eyes to take a look, he saw that the bed was covered with a blanket made from the fur of a red fox. There was a light quilt on top of him.

The fur of red foxes had always been treasured, and even aristocratic families would rarely have such a large blanket within their collection. The royal family, however, actually raised quite a few red foxes.

[Wow.]

Shi Qing hopped off the bed, barefooted. He didn't mind in the slightest. After all, the ground was layered with a soft carpet.

It was summer now, but the entire palace was pleasantly cool. He went over and saw that there were hollow cauldrons placed all around with blocks of ice inside.

[He's finally at the point of kidnapping people, huh?]

Shi Qing shook his head and yawned. [Why don't I remember anything?]

The System carefully reminded him, [He rushed in while the Host was drunk.]

Shi Qing wasn't surprised.

He wandered around and found that the palace hall had been completely rearranged according to his preferences. He inferred that Yu Chennian had been thinking about kidnapping him for quite some time.

The System was still a little worried. This was the first time that it had witnessed such a blatant retrieval of a person.

[Host, will this be okay?]

[What problems could there be? In fact, isn't this good for us?]

Shi Qing savoured the pleasant feeling as he returned to the red fox blanket. He even rolled around on it.

[I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Tongtong, go watch your TV shows. Didn't you want to watch "The Temptation to Return to the Village" last time? There's no time like the present.]

The System was hesitant, but it went to watch TV in the end.

Shi Qing got up and started to bang on the door.

The servants outside heard the commotion and immediately reported it to Yu Chennian.

Yu Chennian didn't expect Shi Qing to sleep until now either. He was currently preoccupied with the prime minister with no way to extract himself from the conversation. When he heard that Shi Qing woke up, he immediately stood up.

"The prime minister needn't worry. I have a deep friendship with Shi Qing. I was just escorting him to live in the palace temporarily for now. I have another matter to attend to, so let us continue this another day."

With that, the new emperor left the palace hall in a hurry.

Prime Minister Shi, "......Your Majesty! Your Majesty!"

What "deep friendship"? His sources told him that his brat of a son had used the new emperor as a servant before!

It was fine if Yu Chennian beat him, scolded him, or even humiliated Shi Qing in public.

But what's up with bringing the person directly into the palace?!!

At that time, the prime minister immediately thought of how his son's appearance began to resemble a fox spirit more and more with each passing day.