Chapter 87.2

Editor: Sahloknir

Shi Qing had a very restful night of sleep.

Other than being a bit sticky due to sweating during the night, he felt very refreshed.

However, as soon as he opened his eyes, he noticed that something was different about his room.

It seemed to be cleaner, with everything straightened out. The smell of roast chicken wafted in from the outside, causing Shi Qing's mouth to water.

He could practice inedia at his cultivation level, but not having to eat didn't mean he couldn't be hungry.

Being a cultivator came with a lot of benefits, but not eating meals wasn't one of them.

Rong Jue definitely knew Shi Qing was awake by now. Seeing as he hasn't made a move yet, he obviously intended to continue acting like an invalid.

So Shi Qing spoke, "Who is outside?"

His eldest disciple came in quickly but respectfully, still in those bloodstained robes and as pale as ever.

"Shizun, this disciple is here."

The supreme elder sitting on the cloud bedding frowned slightly. "Why are you here?"

Rong Jue blinked. "Has Shizun forgotten? You seemed to be having chest pain before, so this disciple helped you into the house."

When he said this, his handsome face looked down with a shamed expression. "This disciple is now an invalid, so I didn't even have the strength to go down the mountain for help. I could only guard Shizun here."

Shi Qing: [Dude, nice acting skills.]

When Shi Qing shifted, as if he intended to get up, Rong Jue strode forward and naturally helped him up. He asked with overflowing concern, "How is Shizun feeling now? This disciple noticed that Shizun seemed to be greatly weakened and having chest pain... Are these symptoms of spiritual energy deficiency?"

"It's nothing for you to worry about."

As expected, the supreme elder waved his sleeve and pushed Rong Jue away without explaining anything. He reverted to his usual cold and aloof appearance.

"This is just an old illness acting up, nothing too serious."

Then he glanced at Rong Jue again. "I'll have someone escort you down the mountain."

Rong Jue didn't object. He obediently said, "Understood. This disciple will follow Shizun's instructions."

He could clearly feel that Shi Qing's attitude towards him seemed to have softened a bit.

Was it because he had become an invalid, or was it because of his 'unchanged' admiration?

The blue-robed supreme elder didn't seem to notice how disheveled his hair was. That, combined with his chilly demeanour, made for a slightly amusing picture.

Shi Qing looked up. "What is that smell?"

Rong Jue replied warmly, "Since I have become a mortal, I can no longer practice inedia. I caught a pheasant and roasted it to sate my hunger."

His eyes crinkled as he smiled as brightly as the sun. "I used to roast pheasants when I was young, and I still remember much of the process. It tastes quite good. Would Shizun like some? This disciple can bring a portion for Shizun."

Rong Jue left the room without waiting for Shi Qing's reply. When he came back, he was holding a roast chicken wrapped in leaves. It was dripping with oil and emitting a rich fragrance.