Chapter 43

Editor: yummers

Yu Chennian was assigned a carriage.

He was a prince after all. There was a fundamental difference between him and those soldiers who had to ride horses the entire journey.

The carriage was very luxurious. Even if he wasn't favored, he was still a representative of the emperor outside the palace. This carriage had nine wheels and the interior was as big as a room.

It was a pity that its owner didn't like to stay in it. Instead, he insisted on riding horses like the other soldiers did.

As the sun rose, Yu Chennian's personal guard was extremely worried about what other ideas this young master would come up with if he suddenly got heatstroke.

The personal guard was a subordinate of Yu Chennian's maternal uncle. When the deposed empress' father and elder brothers were sent to the battlefield, they had perished there. The rice and grain they were sent were mixed with sand, and the quilts were all thin and flimsy. When taken apart, the cotton inside had already rotten to black.

With not enough to eat and nothing warm to wear, even if the soldiers were willing to fight to the death, they had no energy to do so.

In the end, her father and brothers were considered to have died in battle, and all the responsibility was naturally pushed onto them. The deposed empress was also affected by the backlash. She was banished to the cold palace.

No one knew, however, that the youngest elder brother of the deposed empress had survived and returned to the capital in secret.

He wasn't stupid. First, the Imperial Court sabotaged their supplies, then they pushed all the blame onto them. Soon after, the empress was relieved of her title. It was impossible that the emperor didn't have a hand in all of this.

At the time, the deposed empress resided within the palace and Yu Chennian was still a toddler. His uncle could only grit his teeth and quietly build his forces, a large part of which were old subordinates who were loyal to his family.

If Yu Chennian didn't intuitively sense that someone was watching over him in the shadows and guessed that it was his maternal uncle, the two of them wouldn't have built a relationship so quickly.

This time, the personal guard sent to take care of Yu Chennian was very loyal. He grew increasingly worried as the sun grew overhead. He came forward to persuade him.

"Your Highness, please go back to the carriage. It's best to avoid the harsh sunlight."

"No need." Yu Chennian waved his hand. "If the soldiers can endure it, then I will as well."

The guard knew that this young master was someone with a calculating mind. He could only sigh and go fetch some water from the carriage for Yu Chennian to quench his thirst.

After a while, he hurried back and whispered a few words to Yu Chennian.

The young man who was looking straight ahead at first suddenly jerked the reins and dismounted his horse. He walked into the carriage quickly.

In the luxurious carriage arranged according to the specifications allotted to a prince on patrol, the floor was covered with a thick carpet. There was a white quilt on the bed. The lit incense emitted a light fragrance throughout the room.

As if he was dreaming, there was a youth asleep on the white quilt.

His body was still covered with a red cape, and the bright red color made his beautiful face appear even more pale and tender. At the moment, his eyes were obediently closed. It made people want to wrap him in their arms and spoil him.