Chapter 86.2

Editor: SimoB

An immortal cultivator clothed in thin blue robes with his hair down quickly waved his sleeve. A ray of spiritual energy fell on Rong Jue, pulling him back to safety.

"Shizun..."

Rong Jue weakly struggled to turn around and knelt in Shi Qing's direction like he was grateful: "This disciple thanks Shizun for rescuing me."

But the look in his eyes was the complete opposite of his tone.

As expected, Shi Qing wouldn't let him die.

When he raised his eyes again, there was only deep admiration left in his gaze.

If the previous Rong Jue was level 90, then the current Demon Lord Rong Jue was level 999,999,999.

Putting on this act was child's play to him.

At the same time, analysing others was not difficult for the demon lord either.

He noticed that Shi Qing leaned away slightly in discomfort upon seeing Rong Jue's beaming admiration. His Shizun's pale appearance was also noted.

It wasn't easy to transfer one's spiritual energy to heal others. After last night, Shi Qing needed to recuperate for at least three months. Rong Jue deliberately lured him out to determine his current state.

He was the supreme elder of Qing Jian Peak who almost never left this domain. Other than excessive loss of spiritual energy, what else could make him look so weary?

Shi Qing was clearly the one who had destroyed Rong Jue's spiritual root and cultivation, but then he expended a great deal of spiritual energy to heal him.

Rong Jue ruled out the possibility that Shi Qing wanted to use him for something.

After all, his Shizun had never concealed his distaste for Rong Jue, but every moment of last night was brimming with love and protectiveness.

Love? Protectiveness?

Rong Jue mulled over these two words in his head, feeling that it was rather ironic.

Although he didn't want to admit it, love and protectiveness seemed to be the only reasons to explain Shi Qing's actions.

If it had been the previous Rong Jue who noticed this, he would have been delighted, happy that his Shizun cared for him in secret.

But this demon lord, who had struggled on his own for a hundred years to claim his position, felt only scorn.

If Shi Qing truly cared for him, why did he treat him so badly? Why did he ruin him?

His thoughts didn't prevent Rong Jue from revealing a well-honed look of admiration on his pale face. He looked up at this exalted supreme elder.

Shi Qing was just as he remembered. His features were exquisite yet cold, like a mountain in the depths of winter.

Even his voice was reminiscent of ice. "You've ascended the mountain. Have you recovered then?"

Rong Jue seemed nothing but grateful, his voice filled with admiration. "This disciple can move and walk now. In a few days time I might be able to start cultivating again."

But Shi Qing said, "Now that you have recuperated, leave Chi Yun Sect."

Rong Jue was completely caught off guard. "Shizun?"

This blue-robed supreme elder with skin as white as jade looked away towards the distant pine forest. His pale lips opened slightly, spitting out cruel words.