Chapter 12

When Yin Mingzheng heard the news and rushed over, a group of people dressed like civilians were gathered around a sketchy man rambling on about something. The scene was in complete chaos, but he was able to immediately spot the youth in the crowd.

Shi Qing was hiding behind a junior member of his squad. He wasn't crying, but the corners of his eyes were red and he occasionally sniffled. That pair of beautiful silvery eyes couldn't help but glance fearfully at his surroundings.

Yin Mingzheng felt like a nail had been hammered deep into his heart.

He strode over with an icy face: "What is going on."

Yin Mingzheng wasn't loud, but the aura he radiated made everyone stop talking involuntarily. The disorderly crowd became silent.

In the end, it was the squad member carefully protecting Shi Qing who stepped forward. He did not dare to look at Yin Mingzheng's face as he recounted the situation: "Shi Qing came over to play, but a man suddenly came over to make a ruckus about him not paying for goods."

Yin Mingzheng's expression remained ambivalent. He glanced over at the sloppily dressed man. After seeing him avoid his gaze out of guilt, he understood what was going on here.

Zhao Miaomiao who had been squeezed to the side a while ago saw that he came. She still wasn't satisfied, so she came over to softly say: "When I arrived earlier, I saw that man begging Shi Qing to spare him so I asked him about it. Who would've thought that this child was so timid that he started crying? Since you're here, Mingzheng-ge, you should comfort him. Everyone's hearts hurt just looking at him cry for the past 20 minutes."

Zhao Miaomiao's words may appear to be generous and well-intentioned on the surface, but the underlying message was clear.

The other person was asking Shi Qing to forgive him, but he started crying. Not only that, he had to cry for an excessively long time. Was he a boy or a girl?

Could Yin Mingzheng really not be bothered by this kind of behaviour?

Yin Mingzheng really wasn't bothered.

When he heard that Shi Qing had cried for 20 minutes, he was stunned and then his heart began to ache.

The man closed in and pulled Shi Qing into his arms. He tenderly began to stroke his soft hair. His guilt became more complex as the youth stared at him with those red-rimmed eyes.

Shi Qing could have stayed on the ship and been spoiled to the moon. He could've had anything he wanted.

But he was naive enough to be deceived into remaining on this base. His position wasn't as inviolable as before, to the point where even a random passerby could bully him to this point.

His voice became softer as he thought about this. To the others, it seemed like he was afraid of frightening the youth:

"Shi Qing, were you scared?"

The ability user who had been shielding Shi Qing breathed a sigh of relief at the tone of his boss. He almost thought someone with a temper like Yin Mingzheng would put justice above personal feelings.

Zhao Miaomiao's eyes were about to bug out. She was almost screaming in her head.

Is Yin Mingzheng blind?!!

Or is he deaf?

What young man cries for 20 minutes after being scolded a few times? He might look young, but he was at least 16 or 17.

Acting like this at that age meant he was either developmentally delayed or pretending.

How could Yin Mingzheng not see that?