Arc 8: The Shizun Jealous of His Disciple - My Demon Lord Disciple Was Reborn

🌟Chapter 84🌟

Thank you Moni and an anonymous reader for the Ko-fis!

Editor: SimoB

The girl outside was still crying and begging for mercy. Shi Qing turned a deaf ear and examined the original plotline of this world.

A quick glance was enough to show how dog-blood and tragic this story was. The protagonist was practically the poster boy for the 'handsome and strong yet miserable' archetype.

The protagonist, Rong Jue, was the youngest son born to the legitimate wife of the Rong clan in Hedong District. He was doted on by his parents, older brother and sister-in-law until he was five years old. His potential was astonishing, and he was clearly favoured by the heavens since birth.

However, on his fifth birthday, his entire family was massacred. He only managed to survive because his older brother hid him underneath his own dying body.

Due to his young age, this traumatic experience was too much for him and he lost all of his memories from before the age of five.

He had only guessed that he was a member of the Rong clan because he crawled out of a veritable sea of their bodies. At the time, all of the clans related to the Rong clan through marriage were also wiped out. It was safe to say that Rong Jue was the only survivor.

Rong Jue was only five then, so he could only wander the streets as a beggar for three years. When he was eight, he accidentally discovered that he could draw energy into his body, meaning that he had the aptitude to cultivate.

That was how an eight-year-old embarked on a lonely path to study at an Immortal sect. After almost being eaten by a tiger and falling off a cliff, Rong Jue finally arrived at the number one immortal sect, Chi Yun Sect.

Chi Yun Sect was well renowned for its sword cultivators. With five elders at the Immortalization stage and countless disciples of lower realms, it was the undisputed number one Immortal sect in the world.

When Rong Jue underwent the spiritual root examination, it was discovered that he actually had the rare Celestial Spiritual Root.

Those with the Celestial Spiritual Root would have an easier time cultivating than their peers. He might be able to reach a realm that others needed centuries to work on in just one month.

Such heaven-defying talent naturally caused many people to fight over him.

If Rong Jue was fortunate enough to be accepted by a good Shizun, he would gradually return to being someone favoured by the heavens.

Alas, he was not so fortunate.

There was one Immortalization realm cultivator who often stayed in closed-door cultivation all year round in Chi Yun Sect. He had only one child, a son. Unfortunately, his son was not talented and relied on pills to advance his cultivation.

This cultivator couldn't suppress his realm forever, and he was very worried that there would be no one to take care of his son after his immortal ascension. Therefore, he decided to have his son take in many talented disciples, who could look after their Shizun in the future.

Rong Jue was one such unlucky disciple.

Due to this cultivator being at the Immortalization stage, the other sect members could only watch as this peerless talent, Rong Jue, became the disciple of the weakass daddy's boy, Supreme Elder Shi Qing.

After letting this disciple settle in, the worrywart father imparted a bunch of his accumulated resources to his son before ascending to become an immortal.