Chapter 90.2

Editor: Casey

Rong Jue slightly clenched his fists and pursed his lips, "Shizun?"

But Shi Qing didn't respond to him. Instead, Shizun called out to the person outside with a hint of a smile in his voice. "Come in."

His second disciple Shang Lu immediately pushed the door open like he always did. Shang Lu's smile grew more joyful when he caught sight of Rong Jue, and he saluted the two of them respectfully.

"This disciple greets Shizun and Da-shixiong."

Shang Lu didn't notice Rong Jue's slightly gloomy face when he got up. He directed a look of sunny admiration towards Shi Qing and spoke warmly.

"This disciple just heard about Shizun's pill refinement talent after leaving seclusion, so I came to offer my congratulations."

"What's there to warrant celebration? If it wasn't for Chi Xia Peak being too overbearing, I wouldn't have needed to do it myself."

The supreme elder smiled and beckoned his second disciple to approach with a gentle look in his eyes. "Since you've exited seclusion, has your realm made a breakthrough?"

"Unfortunately, this disciple is foolish and has not made a breakthrough."

Although he said that, Shang Lu was still as eager as ever.

Of course he would be happy. After all, he just learned that his Shizun was a genius pill refinement master. More importantly, Shizun seemed to have put aside his scruples for Da-shixiong and was willing to take care of him.

He even gave a Longevity Pill to Da-shixiong.

Shang Lu looked up to both his Shizun and Da-shixiong, so Shizun's apparent dislike for the latter has always troubled him. Of course he would be glad that their relationship was improving.

"You've always been unable to concentrate enough."

With a smile, Shi Qing stretched out a slender white fingertip and poked Shang Lu on the forehead, pretending to scold him, "Little monkey."

Shang Lu was a young adult, so he was embarrassed to be scolded by Shizun in front of his Da-shixiong. He peeked at Rong Jue, "Shixiong's injuries seemed to have greatly recovered. I must congratulate Shixiong as well."

After changing into a new set of white robes, Rong Jue regained his handsome appearance. It was difficult to tell that he had been injured at all.

Rong Jue forced himself to smile thinly back at his shidi.

But all he felt right now was ridicule.

Before, he had thought that he and Shi Qing had something special.

Only after observing his interaction with Shang Lu did Rong Jue realize what an actual harmonious master-disciple relationship was like.

Rong Jue knew that Shi Qing was close to Shang Lu, but he had thought it was because Shang Lu was a descendant from Shi Qing's mother's family.

There was a blood relationship, so naturally, they should be close.

But his Shizun literally said just now that he valued Rong Jue the most.

Shang Lu didn't notice anything wrong with his Da-shixiong. He was still droning on as usual to Shi Qing, who was both an elder and a teacher to him.

"This disciple doesn't know why. I clearly felt my cultivation easing up, but I couldn't break through to the next realm. I was only getting more frustrated as time went on, so I came out of seclusion. After being surprised with such good news, I came here to offer my congratulations."