Chapter 78.2

Thank you Miimaas for the ko-fi!

Editor: SimoB

[Ding! Zeng Nan's animosity value: 98/100]

When the system popped out with a notification, Shi Qing was watching the golden dragon carefully loosen his claws to let him swim out.

There was a gentle expression on his majestic dragon face, and his gravelly voice was soft, as if he was afraid of scaring his little mermaid.

"Baby, come eat some fishies."

The little mermaid wriggled his tail and circled around his claws, as if he was afraid to leave the golden dragon's protection.

What a pitiful baby.

If it wasn't for the fact that dead fish wasn't as tasty, he wouldn't make his little one hunt himself.

He twisted his body into a circle and used his tail to force the 'little fishies' who wanted to flee into it.

The dragon softly coaxed, "Don't be afraid, I'm here. They won't dare do anything to you, so go ahead and catch whichever one you like."

The multitude of sharks and orcas trapped by the dragon's body: "......"

They scrambled around in panic, but the huge and terrifying tail of the dragon forced them back every time they tried to escape.

Although they didn't know what a dragon was, the fear ingrained in their basest instincts overwhelmed any desire to attack. All they dared to do was swim in circles, trembling in fear.

These unfortunate marine creatures barely managed to accept their current situation when a siren slipped out of the creature's claws.

These otherwise apex predators of the sea panicked even more.

Siren!

It's a siren!!!

Their efforts to escape doubled once they noticed this newcomer.

The golden dragon was puzzled as he watched his prey that was calming down suddenly scatter again, as if they were provoked by something.

What are these little fishies running for? They might scare his little pearl if they keep this up.

As expected, the little mermaid did look like he was scared.

"Wu..."

Shi Qing clung to one of the dragon's fingers (that was wider than him) and whined petulantly.

"I'm scared. You catch some for me."

The golden dragon's heart melted.

He immediately agreed, "Okay, I'll catch some for you!"

But how was he supposed to do that?

As an orphaned dragon with no pack, his previous way of eating was to start sucking in air, which would deposit both food and seawater into his stomach.

His belly was big and he ate a lot, so debris and other stuff being mixed in wasn't much of a problem.

But the little mermaid definitely couldn't eat like that.

The golden dragon tentatively stretched out his claws, picking and choosing between the trapped "little fishies".

Eventually, he settled on the largest of the orcas.

Generally speaking, an animal's speed decreased as its size increased, but dragons were an exception. They were all large and chubby, but every one of them was as fast as the wind.