Chapter 39

Editor: SimoB

Ever since the first prince fell out with Shi Qing and was driven out of the palace by the emperor, the remaining princes were nicer to Shi Qing than they ever were to their own brothers.

After all, the emperor used to have a favourable impression of the first prince. He was a prime candidate for the position of Crown Prince. But after he was beaten by Shi Qing, not only did he not receive justice, he was even expelled from the palace.

Before, they just wanted to please Shi Qing, but now they didn't dare to offend him in the slightest.

Everyone knew that Little Master Shi's overbearing arrogance stemmed from him being spoiled rotten. He had a bad temper and was easily angered. Before the incident, the other princes thought that although Shi Qing referred to them affectionately as brothers, he knew in his heart that they weren't people to mess with.

The lesson painfully learnt by the first prince served as a warning to the remaining princes.

Of course, they all tacitly forgot that they had a hand in his downfall as well. The other princes gleefully made sure their eldest brother could no longer fight for the throne.

Shi Qing was only 14 after all, and he has been overindulged all his life. Even their father clearly favoured him. There was no way he would withstand even the slightest of grievances.

Anyways, it was absolutely a wise decision to be careful around him.

Therefore, the trio all decided to ignore how Shi Qing ordered Yu Chennian around more and more.

Since the moment Shi Qing had expressed, in front of the emperor, that Yu Chennian was a friend of his, as long as they were in the palace, they were almost always together.

But in the opinions of the three princes, this wasn't a good thing for Yu Chennian.

Before the incident, Yu Chennian was only used as a servant by Shi Qing once in a while. After the first prince left, Yu Chennian would have to stay with him all day long.

In the eyes of the three princes, Shi Qing was basically using Yu Chennian as his personal servant.

According to their sources, Shi Qing took an afternoon nap with Yu Chennian everyday where he apparently used Yu Chennian as a foot warmer.

Shi Qing was a picky eater, but palace regulations stated that foreign ministers must finish all the meals they were given in the palace. Although others pretended not to see if he secretly threw food away, maybe Shi Qing thought that Yu Chennian was a safer bet. At every meal, he hid in his room with Yu Chennian and tossed him the dishes that he didn't like to eat.

As for how they knew? Well, the little master certainly wasn't sneaking out his lunchbox anymore.

Even on the rare days when they didn't have classes, Shi Qing refused to let Yu Chennian go. He had a waist token, so he could go to the palace at any time.

On their day off, Shi Qing still went to the palace as usual and played in the front garden with Yu Chennian.

Of course, quotation marks around the word 'played' were absolutely necessary.

He was recently learning to draw, but he had only started three days ago. Shi Qing said that he was learning a foreign style that required the model to stay completely still.

That model was obviously Yu Chennian.

Only a prince in Yu Chennian's position would be treated like this. It was only because his mother died early on, his adoptive mother was a deposed empress sent to the cold palace and that his position has been low from childhood that he could tolerate Shi Qing's treatment of him.