Chapter 80.1

Editor: SimoB

Shi Qing could only watch as the golden dragon in front of him literally yeeted his dragon pearl away.

Not only that, the dragon was also trying very hard to hide his guilty conscience. While blocking off the direction he threw his pearl in with his huge body, he enticed Shi Qing to return to the deep sea.

"I collected a lot of big pearls of all colours and sizes a long time ago. They're all hidden in that trench down there. Why don't we go take a look?"

Shi Qing: "......"

The little mermaid flicked his tail. One of his white and tender arms pointed in the direction the dragon's pearl was sent flying. "Isn't that yours?"

The golden dragon's face stiffened again.

The mind of the shut in dragon, who had never communicated with anyone but the little mermaid, blanked out. He fidgeted, not knowing what to say.

He couldn't possibly admit out loud that "yes that's my pearl, but this means that you aren't my baby".

No. There was no way he was going to say that.

The golden dragon decided to deny reality to the very end. With guiltily floating whiskers and a stiff tail, his bright golden eyes stared earnestly at the little mermaid.

"I don't remember."

Shi Qing wanted to laugh at the sight of this silly golden dragon. Wrapping his arms around the closest paw, he nuzzled his tender little face against it as he said in a petulant voice, "You're so forgetful. It was in your mouth the first time I saw you!"

"It must be something very important to you for you to sleep with it in your mouth."

The golden dragon: "!!!"

He managed to squeeze out a sentence after racking his brains, "When I woke up, you were in my mouth."

So, following that train of logic, the most important one should be you.

The golden dragon blushed after saying such an embarrassing thing for the first time in his life. His long tail unwounded and hit a nearby rock formation repeatedly out of shyness.

The sea creatures swimming by that rock had the shock of their lives when a huge dragon tail suddenly descended from the heavens and slammed into the rocks, disintegrating it into pathetic smithereens.

They all fought each other to get away without a moment's hesitation.

Mommy, save me!

There's monsters here!

The golden dragon above had no idea of all the trouble his nervous 'tic' had caused. His tail continued to swing up and down as he waited for the little mermaid's response.

When he looked up again, the little mermaid was gone.

He immediately turned to chase after that beautiful silver-white tail. However, he didn't dare to move too violently, so his speed was quite slow.

Shi Qing swam over to that dragon pearl.

It was truly of a remarkable size and sheen. It was the size of the little mermaid, even when including his rather long tail.

The upper half of Shi Qing's body was the same as a human's, but his tail was two meters long if you measured from the fins on the end. This meant the lustrous dragon pearl was over a meter in diameter.