Chapter 97.1

Editor: Sahloknir

At the top of Qing Jian Peak, Shang Lu and Qiao Lingyu carefully hid behind a tree, poking their heads out.

Ahead of them, Rong Jue, who was dressed only in a single layer of clothes, knelt in front of the door.

Qiao Lingyu stared at him with concern in her eyes. "Er-shixiong, Da-shixiong has been kneeling for an entire day... Could something have happened?"

Shang Lu also looked at Rong Jue several times with some hesitation, "Well, Da-shixiong is only a mortal now, so kneeling for an entire day should be quite uncomfortable. But he seems to be fine judging by his appearance."

Although the two of them were discussing in whispers, they did not dare to go forward to beg for mercy for Rong Jue, who seemed to have made a mistake.

After all, when they did so before, Shizun didn't show any reaction from inside his room. It was actually Rong Jue who bluntly said he had made a big mistake.

Despite their Da-shixiong constantly being punished by Shizun before, he was not the kind of person to confess to something he hadn't done.

So when Rong Jue admitted fault, the two of them could only suppress their worries about his health and quietly keep watch.

This way, if something happened to Da-shixiong, they could still help carry him away.

In reality, Rong Jue was no mortal. He could hear Shang Lu and Qiao Lingyu's conversation even if he was kneeling in the courtyard, he just didn't react in the slightest.

The demon lord's eyes were downcast. His younger martial siblings couldn't see it, but he was using his demonic energy in the form of a whip to strike himself.

From early morning until now, Rong Jue had been punishing himself in his own way.

But what did this method serve to accomplish?

He had suffered too much in his last life. Even though the demonic energy lashing was painful on the outside, it did not make Rong Jue feel any better inside.

He was able to keep a clear head at the beginning last night, but he slowly lost all reason on the cloud bed. It wasn't until he sat up in the morning that he saw what he had done.

It all seemed like a dream.

When he felt Shizun's soft arm unconsciously lying by his side in a vulnerable position, Rong Jue couldn't tell if this was a daydream or a nightmare.

After discovering the truth, after witnessing all Shizun had done for him...

He made a move on Shizun.

Again.

The only words that remained in Rong Jue's mind after he was completely awake were: I am not worthy of being human.

For a moment, the demon lord even wanted to kill himself.

But soon, he remembered that Shizun needed him as the antidote to the Charm Pill. Without him, Shizun would die of shock from the pain.

Rong Jue didn't even dare to die.

He wanted to atone for his sins, but he did not know what to do.

He could only kneel here numbly, letting his demonic energy whip his body again and again, using the pain to clear his mind.

-Squeak.

The door opened.

The supreme elder stood there, tightly wrapped in many layers with only his jade-white face peeking out.