Chapter 9

Shi Qing was a natural at pretending to be a white lotus.

He buried his face in Yin Mingzheng's chest and was even shivering slightly like he was a frightened little animal. He pitifully asked the person embracing him: "Mingzheng, didn't you promise to be with me forever?"

"Why did you disappear when I woke up?"

"I......"

Yin Mingzheng's mouth was filled with acid. He didn't know what to say to the trembling youth in his arms.

He thought of many possible scenarios.

Shi Qing could furiously send assassins after him.

Or think that he betrayed him.

But he never thought that Shi Qing would leave that ship and appear in this haggard state before him.

Even though Shi Qing had lived for 10,000 years, he spent almost all of that time in solitude on the ship. Other than his ability to adjust his weight, Yin Mingzheng never saw Shi Qing show any other fighting skills.

That made sense. The King of the Mechanical race didn't need to fight.

As long as he stayed on his ship, countless robots would guard him and fulfill all of his desires.

But now he's left that all behind for Yin Mingzheng.

An enormous amount of guilt and helplessness filled the man's heart.

How was he supposed to reply?

Was he supposed to admit that he's schemed for so long to make Shi Qing add a weak point to his body?

Before Yin Mingzheng could decide what to do, Zhao Miaomiao who had been slapped by this sudden situation reacted. She didn't miss the tender way the man treated Shi Qing. She suppressed the darkness in her eyes and stepped forward to greet Shi Qing with a friendly smile.

"Where did this child come from? He looks so pitiful. Mingzheng-ge, I have the best doctor on call. Why don't you take him to my place so he can take a look?"

Yin Mingzheng was also worried that Shi Qing was hurt somewhere. Now that Shi Qing had human organs, he was much more vulnerable than the average robot.

Of course, there's no way he'll go to someone else's doctor.

Shi Qing was unique, so he would obviously go to a doctor that he trusts.

The man lowered his head and said in a warm tone: "Shi Qing, get off first. I'm going to take you to see a doctor."

Shi Qing wrapped his arms uncooperatively around Yin Mingzheng's neck: "I don't wanna go down. I want you to carry me."

Zhao Miaomiao's face went blank when she heard Shi Qing order Yin Mingzheng around. A feeling of joy blossomed in her heart.

While Yin Mingzheng was at the base, she tried everything to get closer to him, only to be coldly rejected each time.

Zhao Miaomiao wasted a lot of effort to find out the reason for his attitude. He was a straightforward man, so he disliked people who were spoiled the most.

Someone like Zhao Miaomiao who continued to play around and dress herself up under the dire circumstances would obviously earn his distaste.

After understanding why Yin Mingzheng was acting like that to her, Zhao Miaomiao never mentioned her new clothes in front of him again. She even joined her father's medical corps.