Chapter 35

Editor: SimoB

While awkwardly standing outside with the third prince, Yu Chennian speculated about what Shi Qing had in store for him today.

Since Shi Qing forbade him from looking inside the lunchbox, it was natural to assume it didn't contain anything good.

It's probably just a few new toys to annoy people with. Based on Shi Qing's sheltered attitude, the third prince would certainly not give him anything truly dangerous.

Yu Chennian's eyes darkened. His heart was cold.

But what could he do even if he knew?

There were times where Shi Qing would deliberately prank him. He could clearly see the trap for what it was, but he would have no choice but to walk in anyway.

If you didn't make a fool of yourself like these people hoped, you would only make things worse for yourself.

A frightened scream from inside the room interrupted his thoughts.

The third prince recognized Shi Qing's voice. He hurriedly turned and ran in.

Yu Chennian pondered over the choice for a moment before following behind slowly.

In the room, Shi Qing stood rigidly in his red cloak with a pale face. His inky eyes were rounded with fear as he stared at the small green snake slithering at his feet.

The other princes were cowering as far away as possible. There was a eunuch by his side, but he was afraid of disturbing the snake, so he did not dare to move either.

That pair of black eyes became watery when they saw the two men come in: "Save me third brother!"

"Don't come here, Your Highness!" Before the third prince could even move, the eunuch, who was trying to lead the green snake away, stopped him in a hurry: "This is the bamboo leaf green snake; it is highly poisonous!"

As soon as those words came out, the third prince immediately backed away, without any intention of stepping forward.

He was also confused. He asked his servant quietly: "What happened?! I told you to find an ordinary snake!"

"Your Highness, we caught a snake that wasn't poisonous. This one saw the black snake being put into the lunchbox with my own eyes."

"Wu......"

The little boy's tears fell uncontrollably. He was afraid to move, but his tone was as arrogant as ever: "All of you! Hurry up and get this damned snake away from me!"

[Tong, make this snake climb further up on me.]

The System obediently manipulated the bamboo leaf green snake, prompting it to poke out its tongue and continue to climb up. It climbed all the way up to Shi Qing's shoulder. The little snake's green scales were very prominent against the vividly red coat.

Now the little master seemed to be too scared to even breathe. He was no longer full of arrogance and started to sob quietly. His white and delicate face was full of fear.

The eunuch on the side hurried to warn the little master: "Don't cry or talk, Little Master. If you don't move, it won't bite you."

Therefore, the little master, with tears on his face, did not dare to move an inch.

But he couldn't stay still forever.

The first prince was well protected and so was able to stay quite calm. He said to the eunuchs: "Hurry up and think of a solution!"