Chapter 59.2

Editor: SimoB

"Have you heard of ghost doctors before?"

After polishing off the ice cream cone, Shi Qing got two more, one for him and one for Meng Qing. They sat down on a bench to eat together.

Shi Qing finished first. He took out a handkerchief and passed it to Meng Qing.

Meng Qing sulkily took the handkerchief and helped Shi Qing wipe the corners of his mouth. "I've seen them in my master's books. They're just another type of wandering spirit."

"There's more to it than that."

When Meng Qing had wiped him clean, Shi Qing snuck over and took a bite of his ice cream. He chewed while the young cultivator continued wiping his mouth. "At least, the ghost doctor I found is different."

"Oh right, Mi Lang's body is downstairs in the morgue. I don't know how to perform exorcisms, so you should when you have the chance to later. It was a suicide after all. He'll have less resentful energy on him and a better time down there if you do your thing."

Meng Qing's hand holding the handkerchief paused. He glanced at Shi Qing.

He'd always held quite a bit of animosity towards Shi Qing before, but upon close inspection, he found that the demon king's looks were indeed outstanding. He unconsciously blushed a little.

"I didn't think you'd be so kind."

"Oh be quiet!" The demon king gave him a shove. "This is just after-sales service."

The young cultivator was sitting at the very edge of the bench, and he was somewhat distracted from looking at Shi Qing earlier. The light push was enough to send him tumbling to the ground.

It didn't hurt, but it disoriented him.

"Are you okay?"

A young doctor who was hurrying by saw him fall and helped Meng Qing up.

"I'm fine, thank you."

Meng Qing shook his head apologetically. He had studied the ways of Daoism since he was a child, so he should have a highly honed sense of balance. If he hadn't been entranced by the sight of Shi Qing just now, he wouldn't have fallen with such a slight push.

Shi Qing also followed suit and stood up, "Thank you doctor."

The young doctor smiled, "It's fine."

"Um doctor." Seeing that he was about to leave, the demon king called out to him, "Excuse me, how do we get to the morgue?"

"Go straight that way, turn left into the elevator and go down to B1."

The doctor gave them directions very good-naturedly. "This way is the surgery department."

"Okay, thank you doctor!"

Shi Qing pulled Meng Qing in the direction the doctor pointed in. The embarrassed young cultivator couldn't help but look back.

Then the demon twisted Meng Qing's head back towards him. "Why are you looking at him? I'm your companion. Look at me."

Meng Qing's face reddened again.

He carefully glanced around at the passing patients, nurses and doctors before whispering, "Don't say such things so loudly. What if someone hears you?"

"Who says they can hear me?"

Entering the elevator, the demon yawned and leaned on the young cultivator's shoulder, "Hey, have you been to the Underworld?"