Chapter 88.1

Thank you Meg for the Ko-fi!

Editor: Casey

For the first time, Shi Qing discovered someone who was his match in acting.

He watched as his big bear apprentice cowered pitifully in his arms, his voice muffled, "Thank you, Shizun. This disciple would have died for sure if you didn't come."

Rong Jue could feel the other person's thin waist that could be encircled by a single-arm stiffen due to his words. Shi Qing tried to push him away, but Rong Jue pretended not to notice. In fact, he only tightened his grip.

Supreme Elder Shi Qing was about to continue to shove him when the people chasing after Rong Jue caught up.

"How dare you run away! I'm going to beat you to a..."

The leader's harsh words trailed off. He shifted his gaze upwards, only to be confronted by Shi Qing, who was regarding him with a cold expression.

His face drained of all colour as he quickly got down on one knee and paid his respects as a junior. "This disciple greets the supreme elder."

His lackeys naturally followed suit, their voices somewhat unified.

"Disciples greet the supreme elder!"

Shi Qing looked at the group kneeling to him.

Their leader looked very much like a cannon fodder with his crooked eyes and slanted mouth. He was wearing the same Chi Yun Sect disciple robes as Rong Jue, but the difference was night and day.

He averted his eyes in disgust and sternly asked, "Which peak are you from?"

"T-this disciple is Zhang Paohui from Chi Xia Peak."

The people behind him immediately replied as well. They were all from Chi Xia Peak.

Shi Qing was as cold as ever. "What guts you people from Chi Xia Peak have. You dare to come to my Qing Jian Peak and harm my Qing Jian Peak disciples."

As soon as the words were spoken, those kneeling under the ground started sweating rivers.

Zhang Paohui grit his teeth hatefully. He had inquired beforehand and discovered that Rong Jue was not favoured by Supreme Elder Shi Qing. He wasn't even allowed treatment for his injuries. That was why Zhang Paohui had dared to come over to look for trouble.

How would someone as busy as a supreme elder have time to seek justice for a mere disciple he didn't even like? Not to mention the fact that Rong Jue was now an invalid. There was nothing to be gained by defending him.

But this guy must've taken one too many blows to the head or something. He didn't act proud like before, instead, he ran at the sight of their group and shouted for help.

He was supposed to be the eldest disciple of Qing Jian Peak, a cultivator who had almost reached the Void Refining Stage! Had he no shame?!

Zhang Paohui dared to bully Rong Jue, but offending Shi Qing was another matter entirely.

Although this supreme elder only got his position due to nepotism, Qing Jiang Peak had an extensive network of influence.

He grit his teeth and tried to spin the situation in his favour.

"Please don't misunderstand, Supreme Elder. This disciple came to visit because I have always admired Rong-shixiong and heard he was in an accident. But for some reason, Rong-shixiong started running as soon as he saw us. We were worried because Rong-shixiong was still injured, so we chased him here." Zhang Paohui said, feeling very justified again.