Chapter 77

Editor: SimoB

It was only natural that the golden dragon would have such thoughts. After all, he had been a pariah even back when he was just an egg.

He's never even seen a small shrimp growing up. Everything he knew about the various deep-sea species came from his inherited memories, which also showed how different his personality was from other dragons.

Before his ancestors all died off, leaving only a single egg behind more than 100,000 years ago, they found thrill in roaming the depths of the ocean.

On the other hand, the golden dragon liked to be a shut-in and sleep all day.

While his ancestors were willing to travel to distant oceans for their favourite prey, fighting the fat birds in the skies just for a bite of the giant ice crabs that lived in icebergs, he ate whatever he could find when he was hungry.

The reason the golden dragon was so different was probably because his only companion growing up was his pearl.

A pearl that couldn't speak or move at that. All it did was glow.

After tens of thousands of years of solitude, the fact that no living creature dared to approach him was engraved deep in the golden dragon's sense of self.

And now his pearl had vanished.

The huge pearl that was supposed to be securely in his mouth was gone.

Plus, there was a little mermaid sleeping soundly where it used to be, who didn't seem the least bit afraid of him.

This must be his pearl.

Because only his pearl wasn't afraid of him.

He didn't let the fact that the pearl wasn't alive affect his line of reasoning.

As the golden dragon pondered this, his long long long long body confidently curled around the little mermaid in the center some more.

This had to be his pearl.

Ecstatic, he started searching through his memories about creatures with a similar appearance to the little mermaid. After identifying him as a siren, he combed through his inherited memories for how to raise sirens.

He was too excited about finally meeting another lifeform to wonder about why the spirit form of his pearl would be a little siren.

This was the first time a living creature had dared to approach him since he was an egg.

If he couldn't swim as fast as he could to swallow the sea creatures that desperately avoided him, the golden dragon would've quickly starved to death.

But the golden dragon was too busy eating during his binges to notice what exactly he ate.

He would clear out all life in an area for a century or two anyways.

Therefore, according to his recollections, this was the golden dragon's first time meeting a siren.

Fortunately, his almighty inherited memories prevailed once again.

The golden dragon carefully shielded his little pearl with his body while checking his inherited memories.

Sirens did exist 100,000 years ago.

But the conditions of the time were very different from now. Dragons were still the masters of the seas then, and they roamed underwater in groups, searching for entertainment.

Namely, eating other creatures, ripping apart other creatures, and toying with other creatures.

If said creatures existed now, they would be called prehistoric behemoths. But they were nothing more than the dragons' playthings in the deep sea of long ago.