Chapter 50.1

Editor: SimoB

Shi Qing was obviously ecstatic because of Tong Xinyu's gesture of affection.

The school bully, who had always acted like he was the best, quirked his lips and smirked generously at Tong Xinyu.

He took the small, exquisitely wrapped box. As if he was still in disbelief, he asked repeatedly: "You're not messing with me right? It's really for me and not for Zhuo Junli?"

"It's really for you. Why would I lie about that?"

Tong Xinyu's eyes were shining brightly, and there was still an embarrassed and shy smile on her face. When her hands were free, she fumbled with her hands nervously and mustered up the courage to say: "I made them last night with milk from my uncle, who's a cattle farmer. It's very creamy and 100% organic."

Shi Qing's mouth might say "How can a man like me eat butter cookies!", but his hands betrayed his excitement as he quickly unwrapped the delicate package to reveal the tin inside.

When opened, there were bunny-shaped cookies neatly placed inside. The sweet scent of milk could be smelt even from far away.

As the school bully picked up a bunny biscuit, he seemed more and more eager to try it out: "A rabbit?"

"Yeah."

Tong Xinyu saw his appreciation and blushed with excitement. She didn't forget to explain: "This bunny mold is my favorite. The cookies made with it look especially cute, just like real bunnies."

Then she squirmed again before peeking at Shi Qing covertly. She whispered: "Do you like it?"

"Yeah!"

Shi Qing replied with absolute certainty.

Tong Xinyu resisted the urge to squeal, but she couldn't help but stomp her feet a little with joy. She tried her best to maintain a normal expression.

"I-It's good that you like it! It's almost time for class, so I'll go back first!"

The young girl, who was full of enthusiasm for her new male god, skipped back to her seat with a heart filled with happiness and tender feelings.

Zhuo Junli had been frozen stiff in his seat the entire time. He clutched the buddhist pendant around his neck.

His eyes were dark and his long eyelashes were lowered. He was deep in thought.

If it had been before, the school bully would have been the first to notice his abnormal state and then coaxed him with his 'I cant help it, I'm like the Mother Mary' face.

But now, Shi Qing's attention was completely occupied by the little cookie in his hand.

He held it gingerly like it was a precious treasure he couldn't even bear to eat. He turned it this way and that, savouring each and every detail.

It seemed like he really liked Tong Xinyu's gift.

The rise and fall of Zhuo Junli's chest became more pronounced. The hand that held the buddhist pendant tightened.

The school bully didn't notice anything wrong with him. He even carefully used a finger to gently poke at the little rabbit's ears.

Shi Qing always acted rambunctious and unrestrained. He even felt compelled to slam doors on the way out of every room. This was the first time he was so gentle with something. As he watched, Zhuo Junli's eyes became overcast.

If Shi Qing hadn't started treating him differently these days, the youth wouldn't feel like this.

But Shi Qing's recent actions aligned perfectly with his inferences.