Chapter 37

Editor: SimoB

The snowfall outside was heavy but silent. Melted snowflakes slowly dripped in the corridor like rain.

There was a light fragrance in the room. Warm and thick bedding covered Yu Chennian's body, and there was even a small, soft and tender stove tucked in his arms.

Even when Yu Chennian woke up, he thought he was still dreaming.

He had only ever experienced such comfort in his dreams until now.

He moved his arm slightly and felt the softness of cotton beneath his hands. Yu Chennian lowered his head a fraction to see Shi Qing contently asleep against him.

The little boy's sleeping face was flushed. The smart black eyes that glanced at everyone with arrogance when open were now hidden beneath his closed eyelashes.

Based on this moment alone, he seemed like an obedient child.

Naturally, Yu Chennian knew that wasn't the case.

When Shi Qing opened his eyes, he would once again become the thin-skinned little master who looked down on and played tricks on him.

He had been bullied since he was a child, but he had no feelings about his tormentors.

It was in Yu Chennian's nature to be proud and to him, those people didn't deserve even his hatred.

He was like a poisonous snake hiding quietly in the dark, waiting for the opportunity to kill those who stood in his way. But he wouldn't feel anything, even happiness or guilt, when they died. They weren't worth the effort on his part.

Shi Qing was once the same in Yu Chennian's eyes.

But now, looking at the little young master's ruddy face and the warm breath that gently landed on his arm with each breath Shi Qing took, Yu Chennian's heart was strangely complicated.

He was such a proud but fragile little guy.

He was like the kitten he once wanted but couldn't have.

[Ding! Yu Chennian's animosity value 142/100]

The young man felt the youth in his arms move slightly. Those delicate lips moved as well, like he had eaten something good in his dream. His beautiful curled eyelashes were also slightly shaking.

Shi Qing was about to wake up.

Yu Chennian closed his eyes as if he had been sleeping this whole time.

The body in his arms became more and more active. He could feel Shi Qing twisting and turning in his arms while half-asleep. He was murmuring indistinctly.

After a while, the little master woke up. He pushed the quilt off and yawned.

The next second, Yu Chennian felt Shi Qing's soft feet kick his waist. They were tickling him.

The little master's voice was a bit off after getting up, but his tone was as proud as ever: "Hey! Why are you still asleep? Get up!"

Yu Chennian opened his eyes obediently.

Shi Qing, who had already sat up, looked like he had slept well. When he saw Yu Chennian wake up, he raised his chin and huffed. The expression on his delicate face said 'you did a good job of serving me. This little master is very satisfied'.

"It seems that you still have some use. You're not as annoying as they said. When I come to take a nap in the afternoon, you'll warm my bed."

With such a commanding tone of voice, he obviously did not intend to give Yu Chennian a chance to refuse.