Chapter 69.1

Editor: SimoB

Only when Shi Qing got the answer he wanted did he get up, satisfied.

The two of them leaned back on the sofa for hours and watched a food documentary together.

Qin Yunsheng wasn't really interested in it. He was concentrating on Shi Qing.

Shi Qing wasn't too interested in the show either. He was concentrating on flirting with Qin Yunsheng.

So the two of them were very intimate as the documentary played in the background.

The officer's ears remained red until Shi Qing sat up. Pursing his lips, he lowered his head to tidy up his wrinkled clothes.

The little Marquis raised his eyebrows, seemingly reverting back to his previous behaviour after getting what he wanted from the soldier. His tone held a trace of teasing.

"Did you change your clothes today? But you've only been wearing the clothes you changed out of for a day, right?"

Qin Yunsheng's face was still flushed as he struggled to sit up. Looking at the smiling little Marquis, he swallowed dryly and tried to calm down.

His voice was still hoarse and quiet when he finally spoke, like he had just gone through a strenuous set of exercises.

"The shirt from yesterday was a little wrinkled so I changed."

"Sure, whatever you say."

Shi Qing sat slumped across the sofa. The corners of his lips were slightly curved up. From this angle, he seemed much shorter than Qin Yunsheng.

The young Marquis stretched out his fingers. His hands were white and slender, soft and smooth; a stark contrast to Qin Yunsheng's hands, which were calloused from training and exposure to the sun and wind.

Shi Qing knew this, of course. It was the reason he tried to hold hands with Qin Yunsheng so much, as he could see the man's desire to touch Shi Qing war against his fear of hurting him.

This time however, Shi Qing's hand didn't squeeze into the man's grasp.

He just seemed to be very interested in how Qin Yunsheng's new clothes looked exactly like what he wore yesterday. His thin white finger touched the wrinkles in the fabric, the buttons, and the little stars that all Chinese military folks had on their clothes.

But it didn't look quite like a military uniform.

The officer stayed completely still as Shi Qing inspected his outfit.

The little Marquis was not happy that Qin Yunsheng didn't ask him why he was so interested in his new clothes.

Dissatisfied, his hands withdrew.

"Why are you acting like a wooden log? Why haven't you asked me about what I'm doing yet?!"

The officer blinked a little nervously. He asked obediently in a low, deep voice, "What are you doing?"

The little Marquis was delighted by his cooperation.

"I'm looking at your uniform, of course! It looks so good on you. I have Marquis ceremonial outfits too, you'll look good in those as well."

He was complimented. The corners of Qin Yunsheng's mouth couldn't help but curl up.

He explained, "This isn't a military uniform, it's my casual wear. I commissioned it from a tailor."

"Which tailor did you hire? The craftsmanship is so good... Introduce them to me next time."

Without waiting for the officer to agree, Shi Qing smirked and raised his eyebrows slightly, looking up at his boyfriend.