Arc 1: I'm an Invader - The First World Chapter 1

Editor: SimoB

"Beep- Beep-"

Shi Qing stood before the hospital bed, staring at the patient on it. He had comely features, obscured by sickness. There were tubes and needles sticking out of various parts of his body, and the doctors were still working hard to resuscitate him.

The clock ticked down in his ears in his last moments on Earth, alongside a voice that seemed to prattle on. "Host, are you really going to refuse to do the tasks? You're definitely going to die then. All you have to do is guard the protagonist of the world and make sure that they follow the storyline of the original book without arousing their suspicions."

Seeing that Shi Qing was still only interested in his old body, the System began to panic. "Host, please accept! When you finish all the tasks your body will still be alive."

Shi Qing: "No. Laozi wants to die. Fuck off."

The System wanted to cry. "We're already bound to each other, so if you don't accept then I'll die too. I'm begging you, please just accept the tasks. They're super simple. I'll even activate a golden finger to make you a badass in every world, okay?"

Shi Qing: "Hehe."

He pointed at the him on the bed. "I'm good. Just look at that."

Regardless of the System's promises, he would still be confined to the hospital, forced to rely on the goodwill of others.

The System was about to burst into tears at any moment. He had only heard about hosts eager to get to work after binding to a System. Why was his host complacently waiting for death instead?

It decided to go all in. "I'll activate the biggest golden finger for you! Every time you enter a new world, you'll always have the power to protect yourself!"

Shi Qing glanced at the System dispassionately from beside the bed. "Is that it?"

System: "Wuwuwuwu... This is all I have! Even this big golden finger will have consequences..."

When the System stopped bargaining and just began to cry, Shi Qing started to believe that this was the most lenient it could be. "Let's go then."

The teary eyed System was taken aback. "Huh?"

Shi Qing glanced down at this little round ball. "Didn't you say there were tasks to be done? Let's go."

"Oh? Oh oh! Let's go!"

The system wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth. It hurriedly flew into Shi Qing's hand and whisked him away to another world.

In an instant, they were in a space between worlds. For some reason, Shi Qing seemed to know that hosts had absolute control here. The scenery suddenly changed to that of a sunny beach.

Its Host laid comfortably on a beach chair. He wore sunglasses and was sipping a drink from a coconut.

The System couldn't help but ask weakly, "Host, was your previous refusal meant to get more benefits?"

Shi Qing drank some more coconut juice. He didn't deny it: "In an unknown situation, it's natural to want to secure the best deal possible for yourself."

System: "But I was so nice..."

"Even if you were the nicest person in the world, you would only put me first if we were in the same boat."

Shi Qing tapped the little round ball. "Relax. Now that I know we're inseparable, I won't do anything to you."

System: ......