CHAPTER 14 - BATTLE AT THE FALLEN CITY (2)

Fallen City, outside of the city.

The day is already too early for some people to wake up. This time, however, is indeed a little different than before. They are ready to launch their attacks against Azur Lane, which are still hiding in the fallen city.

It seems that neither of the two factions are supported by the weather, it seems very foggy and restricted their visibility.

"Yawn, I'm still sleepy," Takao yawned. "But I still need to stay up early."

Takao's trying to recall her last fight with Kay. She's got two opportunities to strike him with clear hit, but she's wasting her chances and miss badly.

His strength is much greater than her is, and he still holds his power. She saw that Kay had stopped his attack just a few seconds before his strikes reached her neck. She's terrified when she recalls it back.

"You are awake, Takao-chan," Atago said. "You can't get to sleep? Well, you can come to your big sister."

Atago is attempting to hug Takao, only to be stopped and missed. Zuikaku and Shoukaku can only watch this sister drama a little before the main event begins.

"Please focus, Atago," Takao shouted. "We've got a fight to ......." ..

Suddenly, a bird comes and rests on Takao 's head. The bird was standing proudly and grinning at them. Feeling better, I'm sure.

Atago and Shoukaku are watching the amusing incident until they break into laughter. Only Zuikaku feels sorry for Takao for this moment.

"Are you mad, Takao? ", Asked Zuikaku.

Takao relieves a deep breath and draws her sword right away. She's trying to cut the bird few more times than the last moment, yet her attacks does not manages hit the bird, even once.

After several attempts of failure, Takao gives up and feels very depressed. What a very bad day to start the mission.

"What's wrong with this bird? ",Asked Takao. "We've always been followed by this bird, even here."

The bird flies and lands on Shoukaku 's shoulder. Then, Shoukaku gives a little food to the bird. The bird, after eating it, looks at her eyes, trying to tell her something.

"Well, at least the bird is quite tamed," Zuikaku said. "It's been followed me for no reason for a while, I think."

Zuikaku is attempting to hold the bird that sits on the shoulder of her sister. But the bird unexpectedly flies away.

"Hey, it looks like the bird hates you," Shoukaku said as she chuckled at her.

"Please don't say that," Zuikaku said. She feels a little sad in her heart.

Then, all of them laugh together. This moment, like a war, never happens. It's the sound of laughter and joyful scenes. Yet, the truth is the pain for them to acknowledge as they know it from a very beginning.

Suddenly, they heard someone scream. Several loud explosions can be heard from a distance. Several aircraft are descending from the sky, falling from the cloud. A certain ship has already been damaged.

"Enemy attack!!!!!".

"Enemy attack!!!!!".

"Our flagship has been attacked by Azur Lane!!".

********************

Fallen City, in a certain building and few hours before the attacks began.