CHAPTER 72.5 - I MISS YOU (4)

"This way, quickly!!", shouted Cleveland. "We must go to rendezvous point before the sirens reach us. Washington!! Are you listening?!"

Washington's face rippled as if dissatisfied with what was happening. At Chen's command, all destroyers and cruisers were ordered to retreat followed by several aircraft carriers and warships to lead them.

Which means, only few lefts with Chen and Lucian to fight Mashiro.

"We are the shipgirls and our duties are to protect humanity against sirens", said Washington. "Yet, why are we running away from them!! We should stay there and fight them!! Not run away liked a coward!!"

"That's our only job !!"

They are silent because there is truth in what Washington is saying. They are shipgirls and destroying sirens is their responsibility. And yet, they are retreating.

"This is the commander's order, Washington," Cleveland said. "And you already know the reason. We can't defeat her. We also don't have any chance to win against her. Even our commander acknowledges her strength and that's why he orders us to retreat."

When Chen fights with Mashiro, he then realizes that Mashiro has the same techniques and the same swordsmanship with Kay. It is a huge blow for Chen to handle her and let alone the present of Guardian Sword.

Cleveland and the others remembered what Chen said when they left the battle. Words that pierced their hearts.

"Someone needs to stay here and challenge her, give some time for others to retreat...", said Chen. "But it won't be you. Go...and never come back."

Only ten shipgirls consist of Eagle Union and Royal Navy, and all of them are battleship and aircraft carriers will fight against Mashiro. Since the sea is covered with ice, having a strong firepower and air supremacy will help Chen to fight Mashiro.

"Our commander is strong, not as strong as Kay but...", said Cleveland.

"We should stay there!! Not him!!", shouted Washington. "Why human liked him even bother to help us retreat!? We are the who should sacrifice ourselves to let him get away. And yet, and yet...we abandon him..."

"Just liked what happen to Kay..."

During that time, Washington can only watch Kay as he gets shot by Orochi. Not to mention she is powerless against The Cell and can only watch Kay fought The Cell with heavily injured.

"Don't you ever think, what Kay and the others think about us?", asked Washington. "Are we really unreliable and weak?"

That question, only Kay and his friends can answer.

.......................

.......................

.......................

KLANG!! KLANG!! KLANG!!

CRACK!! CRACK!! CRACK!!

"Good, we couldn't even get close to her, and my chain immediately froze before they got close to her," Chen said. "It's liked we are fighting against a fucking element that are very annoying..."

Mashiro stood up and didn't move at all, swinging the guardian sword that fused with the ice and continued to attack Chen and the others.

Every time she attacks, the ocean become constantly frozen and even the surrounding becomes colder. The ice can easily break by heavy firepower and bombers, but it only a matter of time before Chen and the others will be defeated, the longer they take their time.