SIDE STORY (10) - MEMORIES OF CHILDHOOD

"Papa...look at this", said Amagi-chan as she shows a painting of Kay, Zuikaku, Enterprise and herself. Taihou, Eugen and Belfast are also there at the back. They look very happy.

Taihou and Zuikaku clapped and hugged her, telling her that it was a nice painting. Amagi-chan is very happy right now but she also wants Kay to praise her.

"Ermm...Kuroki, you don't have to reject all the paperwork you sign...", said Kay. "Did you read that in the first place?"

"Their requests are fucking absurd liked holy shit, this one is good though...", said Kuroki as he signs the paperwork. "Who is the fuck asking several boxes of alcohol right now? Aren't you at war?"

Kay already knows the culprit is, but he decides to stay silent about it.

"Ano, master-sama, Amagi-chan is calling for you...", said Belfast.

"I'm busy right now, little one...", said Kay as he helps Kuroki dealing with the paperwork. "Go to your mom...I mean Zuikaku"

Since Kuroki has yet to decide on the secretary he wants to choose, Kay has no choice but to help him or this workplace will fall apart.

POKE...POKE...POKE...

"Master-sama, Amagi-chan is calling for you", said Belfast while poking Kay's cheeks. "You will make her cry if master-sama refuses to go..."

Kay then sneaks a pick at Amagi-chan who eagerly wants to show her painting at him. He can see her fluffy ears moving happily.

"Hahh, alright come here little one", said Kay as he calls Amagi-chan.

Amagi-chan then immediately approaches Kay and sits on his lap while showing the painting and waiting for Kay to praise her.

Kay looked at the painting and somehow felt relieved. He then strokes Amagi-chan's hairs and tells her that he likes what she draws. A happy family, what he thought.

"Now, this is weird, never thought I see you this close with a child...", said Kuroki. "Don't you hate children, Kay?"

"What do you mean? Of course I hate children...", said Kay.

Taihou, Zuikaku, Belfast and Eugen doubt Kay after seeing him happily taking care of Amagi-chan. That's not someone who hates children will do what he does in the first place.

Even Kuroki refuses to believe him.

"Are you on drugs, Kay?", asked Kuroki. "If yes, can I have some?"

"Master-sama, I know you are cute when you say that, but you don't have to lie to us", said Belfast.

"Aren't you mistaken something?", asked Kay. "It's true I hate children, but it doesn't mean I will neglect them. My hate doesn't mean I will throw them away, I bear the responsibility to take care of them because the promise I made..."

The promise between him and Amagi to take care of the shipgirls and to guide the Sakura Empire.

"I'm their guardian...", said Kay. "Although it was the past, I still have the responsibility for this little one. Unlike you girls who already know to take care of yourself, this little one needs me just as you girls when you are younger..."

"Yeah, yeah...I understand", said Kuroki. "Pretty much you can say that you know how to handle this child better than before. Let me guess, these girls teach you a lesson when they are younger?"

Kay reluctant to answer Kuroki's question, after all it was the past when he was guardian of Sakura Empire.

"Oh no no no, these girls cause me a lot of trouble when they are younger", said Kay. "You can say these girls are the reason why I handle children much better..."