CHAPTER 50 - PARENTING (3)

"May I sit beside you, Kay?", asked Amagi.

Kay was resting and leaning near the sacred tree of the Sakura Empire. The tree is still weakened and out of place, but it will grow stronger as the time goes on.

On his lap, Enty-chan is sleeping soundly. Kay just lets Enty-chan sleep and refuses to wake her up.

"Yes, be my guest", answered Kay.

Amagi gave Kay a sweet smile and sat down next to him. She then looks at Enty-chan who is still sleeping on Kay's lap.

"Seems liked this little girl is fond to you, Kay", said Amagi. "Are you sure that is fine?"

"Just let her be", Kay said while stroking Enty-chan's hair. "I don't see anything wrong here."

"Said from someone who hates children", said Amagi with low voice.

"You said something?", Asked Kay as he looks at her.

"Nothing! Don't mind about it", responded Amagi.

Amagi looks at Kay, she slowly approaches him, little by little.

"So, may I ask what you want?", asked Kay. "I'm sure you don't come here just to watch me."

"Straight to point, I see", said Amagi, chuckled a bit. "Is it wrong for me to see you, Kay?"

"But, you're right. I heard from Monarch, seems liked you caused her some problem."

"You mean, she caused me some problem?", said Kay. "So, you want scold me or what?"

Amagi shook her head at Kay, she then leaned close to Kay's shoulder and smiled at him.

"I knew what you did was for the good of the children", said Amagi. "Ever since you came here, life here has been so much better than what we asked for."

"The children are happy, the foods are getting better, the facilities been improved from time to time and more."

"You had done more than we deserved, Kay."

"So, I know what you did was not for your own benefit, although I hope that something you will do it for your own purpose."

As Amagi rests her head at Kay's shoulder, Dragonoire suddenly appears as Kay orders. Kay glimpse at Dragonoire, nodded and fly away.

"I'm not as good as you think, Amagi", said Kay. "I make it just for myself, not for you or them. Just to my satisfaction."

"Yeah...yeah, I know", said Amagi. "I know you will say that."

Kay was silent for a moment and sighed a little. He glimpses at Amagi, only to see her smiling at him.

"When I was younger, I had the same fate as these children", said Kay. "They live in a place where the war is still going on and so do I."

"The environment is harsh, bullets and elements everywhere on every corner. The people in dire state and already lost hope."

"I don't know what your war called for and neither I care about it, but my war is called 'Cyning War', a war between elements."

"After the death of the king of darkness, followed up by king of lightning, the war become unstoppable."

"Many of us, become the victims of war and many of us, lost everything."

Amagi is silent after hearing Kay's past, she doesn't know what to say about it. But she did try to cheer him up.

"But you are still alive until today", said Amagi. "Is it because you're an element?"

Kay shook his head at Amagi.

"I had a memory loss and I don't remember who I am", said Kay. "When I wake up, I was in a foreign place, a refugee camp. Even though, I'm an element, I can't use my element."

"Probably because of shock or trauma during the war."

"I see, but you're different from us, Kay", said Amagi. "You were not born to kill for the sake of the war."

"Monarch did say you are born to kill the sirens", said Kay. "Nothing different from what I experienced"

"I lived what these children will past through. War always happen as soon I open my eyes. And making it worst, there is nobody to protect us. I also not stronger as I am right now. Always been bullied."

"Until one day, I got my first kill, using my hands."

"I started to kill, because I believe that is the only way."

"So, you become a murderer?", asked Amagi.

"No...I became an assassin, killing only the one who deserve and spare the innocent one", said Kay. "I kill silently, but deadly."

"So, you're a good man", said Amagi.

"...I killed many people who deserved to be killed", said Kay. "And plenty who don't deserved..."

"I still young at that time, and there is nobody except me to protect myself."

"However, I got lucky someday, because whenever I touch someone, I can feel their kindness. At that time, I know which human to be killed."

"I'm a killing machine, fear by everyone and death always followed them, wherever I go."

"So, let me ask you, what is the difference between me and these children?"

Amagi was silent for a moment, unable to answer Kay's question.

"We both born to kill someone", said Kay. "In my case, I had to...but for these children, they are born only to kill."

"And the way Monarch taught them are nothing but disgrace."

"I get lucky before darkness consumes me because of my element, but these children need us to guide them."

"........................."

Kay sees Enty-chan who is still sound asleep, he then gets up from his seat while carrying her. Seems liked Kay wants to bring Enty-chan to her room.

"What I passed through should never happens to these children", said Kay while looking at Amagi. "They shouldn't never experience it, no matter what cost."

"And as long as I'm here, there is nobody will stop me."

"You're a good parent for these children", said Amagi, try to cheer Kay.

"Nah, I'm just selfish", said Kay. "I hope you already got what you want from me, Amagi...because I have to bring this little girl to her room."

"I already got what I want for, Kay", said Amagi in low voice. "I want to see you, after all."

"You say something?", asked Kay.

"Nothing, I see you soon, Kay", said Amagi while shook her head.

As Kay tried to step out, he then remembered something and continued to tell Amagi.

"Oh, before I forget, I won't be here for a few days", said Kay. "So, make sure to take care this place for me."

"Don't worry, I be back in few days."