CHAPTER 54 - TWO YEARS LATER (3)

Sakura Empire, inside Kay's office, looks like Monarch is discussing something to Kay, most likely about Amagi's situation.

"Amagi is already conscious and resting in the room", said Monarch. "We still don't know the reason why she collapsed but, she might be overworked."

"Izumo said she will be fine but I'm afraid that her condition will become worst time to time."

"Haahh...seems liked last year incident already taken a toll on her..."

Monarch was waiting for an answer from Kay who was busy thinking, still closing his eyes.

"Kay? Are you listening?", asked Monarch. "Kay!!"

Kay was startled and woke up; he then rubbed his face. Apparently, he fell asleep accidentally while listening to the report from Monarch.

"Are you alright, Kay?", asked Monarch. "Please, please, we have enough with Amagi's condition now. If you get sick too, no one can replace you...nobody, even me..."

"I'm fine...", said Kay. "I'm just feeling sleepy."

KNOCK...KNOCK...

Their conversation was interrupted for a moment by the sound of knocking on the door. Kay gives permission to enter and sees Bel-chan coming while holding a tray.

"Ano...coffee for master-sama", said Bel-chan as she gives a cup of coffee to Kay. "I heard from Neptune that coffee is good for master-sama. It will make you awake and feel fresh..."

"Oh, aren't you good girl", said Kay as he pets Bel-chan, making her very happy.

"Hehehe...anything for you, master-sama", said Bel-chan happily.

Monarch sighed; worried Kay was working too hard. She felt that most likely Kay would get sick if Kay continued to do so.

And, not to mention that he spoils Bel-chan too much, making Bel-chan inseparable to him.

"I know it has been two years but please don't spoil her too much, Kay", said Monarch. "And Bel-chan, please look after him..."

"If he needs to rest...force him. If he works too much...stop him. Understand?"

"Anything for master-sama", said Bel-chan happily.

"Hahh...I take that as yes", said Monarch, shook her head.

"Well, don't worry about me too much", said Kay. "It just...for reason, I feel very sleepy."

"What do you mean?", asked Monarch.

"Well...I don't to say about that", said Kay.

However, Kay knows the real reason why he feels sleepy. Every time he fell asleep, he dreamed of something, heard a voice telling him to wake up. Waking up, in the place where he should be, in the time where he should be.

"My time here finally up", said Kay in his mind. "I don't think it will appropriate to tell them about this. Not to mention how the others will feel if I gone."

"After I kill the cell that consider threat of humanity, I thought my job here is done...but for some reason I still here."

"Which means, something is need to be done here..."

"But I already reach that point, and my time finally up...That is the reason why I feel sleepy."

"The voice is telling me to wake up from this world..."

Kay's duty for this timeline is over, the reason why he is sleepy is just the beginning.

Still, he believes he needs to do something before he leaves. Leaving them without any warning will get nothing but despair for them. Most of them loved Kay, the memories they spent with him would make their hearts break if Kay left them.

"It can wait a little", said Kay in his mind. "At least until Amagi recovers back..."

"Kay!!", shouted Monarch, calling Kay's name several times after he ignores her so many times. "Are you listening to me? Haahhh...maybe you should go take a rest..."

"Well, maybe you don't need..."

"I'm sorry, for the past two years, we only give you and Amagi a heavy burden for you to carry. Even though you are an outsider, you still treat us like a family..."

"There is no need for you to apologize", said Kay. "What happens last year isn't your fault and it was my choice to interrupt with your problem. I only do what they deserved, and I finish what I have to do..."

"It was the price for they to pay for their action, and my action, is the one who will give the judgement upon them..."

"And also, it is my responsibilities to protect the children..."

"Because I am the guardian of Sakura Empire..."

Monarch just fell silent after hearing what Kay said, she couldn't answer anything. In the back of her heart was full of guilt over what had happened.

She felt she should be held accountable, yet she was too weak, causing Kay to intervene.

"Let talk about that later, shall we?", asked Kay. "I believe this is not the time to discuss about that matter..."

"Yes, as you wish, Kay", responded Monarch. "The next report is regarding the sirens fleet, seems liked they already on the move."

Monarch says they managed to get as much information as possible about the fleet's sirens. Their location, their power and others are already in the hands of the Sakura Empire. It is only a matter for time for them to attack the siren fleet.

They just need Kay permission to carry the mission.

"I believe this is a perfect time to see the strength of these children", said Monarch. "Therefore, we want your permission to send some of the children, to fight alongside with us..."

"I see...well, it true they need battle experiences against sirens", said Kay, thinks about Monarch's proposal.

"Then, your answer, Kay?", asked Monarch.

"Alright, permission granted", said Kay. "But, with one condition..."

"I will go with them."

"You want to join us?", asked Monarch. "It should be fine, but are you sure?"

"I'm just accompanying them ", said Kay." It's a normal mission for you, but it's a huge mission for the children. They need someone to look after them..."

"What about Sakura Empire?", asked Monarch. "Amagi isn't in perfect condition to look after it."

"Dragonoire will handle it", said Kay.

"Then, I have no objection", responded Monarch. "Glad to see you come with us."

"Welcome," Kay said. "Oh, do me a favor..."

"Tell Amagi I want meet her at her room..."