EXTRA - AFTERMATCH

Chen woke up, slowly began to open his eyes and at the same time he felt a very intense pain. He touched his head, full of bandages. Not only that, but Chen also felt that his body was wrapped in a bandage to heal his wounds. Someone desperate enough to treat him, probably the shipgirls that come with him.

He tried to get up but noticed that there was a heavy object on his lap, which he eventually realizes, it was Essex.

"This girl ... what happened to her?", Chen thought when he saw Essex's condition. "Tch, I don't remember anything that happened after I saw that nonsense..."

"Who was that girl? And why she has Kay's techniques and not to mention, that sword, this is ridiculous."

High-class sirens are special and every one of them has their own strengths and specialties. For example, Observer can predict future throughout simulations and possibilities either that event can happen. Tester can copy herself, probably more than anyone can count.

"Better tell Rex that siren girl can copy our techniques, fortunately for us she can't copy our esper power and Kay's element. But, what about that sword?", thought Chen is frustration.

Chen then remembers the nonsense he saw before he collapses, the moment where Kay destroys several fleets just a mere second. Chen gets goosebumps as he is thinking about that dream.

"An adult Amagi and child version of that siren girl", thought Chen. "I can understand that adult Amagi but that child, what is her connection with Kay? No, is that dream is truly happen in the first place? Or just an illusion?"

"Ah, you finally awake, commander", said Washington. "Did you know how much trouble you cause us..."

Chen gets the feeling this girl is just being sarcastic as North Carolina tries to calm her down.

"I need a report", said Chen while he stares at Essex which still asleep. "What was happens after..."

"You didn't remember?", asked Washington, cuts his talk. "Essex is really mad at you, saying that you tried to kill yourself."

"That's really unhelpful, Washington", said Prince of Wales, suddenly approaches them. "Let me tell you the details..."

The Prince of Wales then tells Chen what happened, a wave of lightning appears from the guardian sword and begins to send Chen and Lucian flying. Fortunately, the others managed to catch them but due to shockwave, it takes a toll on their bodies. Yet, neither of them tries to run away from the girl, instead keep trying to defeat her but to no avail.

"I remember you tried to unleash your attack, before our commander stops you...", said Prince of Wales.

"Did you remember what it was?", asked Chen.

"Hurmm...I'm sorry, I don't remember it well", said Prince of Wales. "But our commander has said something for you to stop..."

"No need to unleash your 'Last Wish'..."

Chen becomes silent upon heard those words. He then sighed, thinking why he desperate to unleash that attack.

"At least I know why Essex is angry at me...", thought Chen. "After all, I told her about that Final Burst..."

Chen then asks Wales what happens next.

"Your body gave up, Commander Chen", said Wales. "And thanks to our commander, we managed to retreat although I don't really understand. Our commander has a chance to strike down her after she fell into his illusion, but he decides to not attack her."

"Humph, not a bad move", said Chen. "You should know how powerful The Guardian Sword is. Something a chance liked that will bite your back."

"But still, we both lost against her, huh."

"Pathetic..."

"........................"

"Commander, you don't have to...", said Washington.

"I'm talking about myself", said Chen. "It's fine to run away, as long as you are not giving up. But to think Lucian and I will be defeated by that girl is really frustrated."

"Commander...", said North Carolina.

"You did a great job, you should be proud of yourself", said Chen as he tries to get up, carrying Essex liked a princess.

She was still asleep that Chen could understand why. While the others retreated or away from the siren girl, Essex remained close to him. She is probably tired.

"Where is Lucian?", asked Chen. "Never mind, I already saw him."

Lucian fell asleep next to Perseus who was also asleep, they were exhausted. But seeing them lean on their shoulders made Chen feel relieved.

"What should we do next, commander?", asked North Carolina.

"We will retreat to Sakura Empire", said Chen. "Kay already informs them for us to resupply at that base. However, instead of continuing the original plan, we will return to Azur Lane."

"We already get we want, although such a shame we can't eliminate Observer..."

They then nod at Chen. North Carolina and Wales can understand why Chen decides to return back to Azur Lane. However, they still can feel the unpleasure feeling deep in their heart.

"May I have a word with you, commander?", asked Washington.

"Sure, just be quick because I need to send this princess to her room", said Chen.

"I just wonder why you don't bother to use us?", asked Washington. "When you are fighting against her, you order us to retreat. Only leaving a few of us to fight alongside with you."

"I understand that siren is very strong, but we are shipgirls. We don't suppose to run away and let you and him fight her alone. We are the one who supposed to defeat her alongside with you and yet, you order us to retreat..."

"Don't you trust us, commander?"

"That ... has nothing to do with you ...", Chen said with a sharp look. "Whether I trust you or not is not your concern nor mine. You are here because you have to, and you are retreating because you have to..."

"Having deadwood will cause you more than problems..."

"Hahh, what with that answer, commander!?", shouted Washington.

They were also shocked to hear the answer from Chen but did not dare to raise their voices against him but not for Washington who felt dissatisfied.

"You should know, Lucian and I were here because of The Cell", said Chen. "Not because of your bullshit reason or whatever that is."

"We both here, because we are order to..."

Chen then left, leaving the others with confusion. However, before he leaves, he utters something at them.

"Plus, this is also our promise", said Chen. "Ask Kay if you want know the details..."

".................."

"What do you think, Wales?", asked North Carolina while comforting Washington.

"I got the same feeling when I met Kay", said Wales. "Of course Kay is more friendly and professional, but I got the feeling he never interested with us. He only does what he intends to do and of course just like Commander Chen and Commander Lucian do. They come here to learn whether the sirens are involved with The Cell..."

"Nevertheless, they all have the same pride. They are protecting us..."

"Although, Kay and the others will never say that directly, but we know..."

"They always protect us..."